Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Nexus 7 audio adapter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nexus 7 audio adapter?

After comparing the ipad mini and other small pads I have decided to mount a Nexus 7 tablet in my 05 g35x sedan. I will be fabricating housing so that it looks stock and sits flush. I will probably be running a 3.5mm aux cable from the headphone jack of the nexus to the factory Bose stereo.

now here is where my question lies.

Is there an audio converter/adapter that anyone know about that would allow me to connect the nexus 7 using either the headphone or charging jack to the factory Bose stereo and when playing music off the nexus 7 I could change tracks/volume level on the nexus using the Bose stereo buttons and or steering wheel controls? I know they sell kits that connect to ipods and have these features but do they have one that does the same for the nexus 7 pad or even worst case possibly one for iPad mini?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Ig350zI
After comparing the ipad mini and other small pads I have decided to mount a Nexus 7 tablet in my 05 g35x sedan. I will be fabricating housing so that it looks stock and sits flush. I will probably be running a 3.5mm aux cable from the headphone jack of the nexus to the factory Bose stereo.

now here is where my question lies.

Is there an audio converter/adapter that anyone know about that would allow me to connect the nexus 7 using either the headphone or charging jack to the factory Bose stereo and when playing music off the nexus 7 I could change tracks/volume level on the nexus using the Bose stereo buttons and or steering wheel controls? I know they sell kits that connect to ipods and have these features but do they have one that does the same for the nexus 7 pad or even worst case possibly one for iPad mini?
The only way I would recommend doing it is this - get one of the GROM USB2-NIS02 aux input devices with the bluetooth adapter, (install thread here: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...x-install.html)

If you do that, all you need to do is get power to the Nexus 7 (or really, any bluetooth-enabled tablet or smartphone) and you'll have bluetooth audio streaming with steering wheel controls. If you're using the newer nexus 7, it does wireless charging too... so build that into the back of the housing and you can make the thing completely wire-free for easy removal.

The following users liked this post:
CROYCE992 (05-08-2014)