Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

how to remove clip for harness for door molex

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
lol no i plugged in the harness and am trying the buttons, none of them are working, not the door lock, or the led, or the window switch. if the driver side is not plugged in would the window not move up that little bit when the door is closed? the door lock is working from the fob but not from the switch

Old 11-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Did you get the locking lever completely down on the harness between the body and the door? Sometimes you have to hold the body side still from behind the kick panel or itll sink in and wont completely lock. also you might have to reprogram the window module to auto roll up/down and do that little half inch roll up/down thing. which ever window your going to program with the door shut first roll the window all the way down hold it down for ~3sec. Then roll it up and hold it for ~3sec.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:06 AM
i think the lever is completely down, maybe i will have to take it off and redo that. i did not hold down the connector from above the kick panel but everything else is working. the connector seemed to be locking in place and seemed pretty sturdy so i did not bother holding it. i am wondering if when i took off the door the wires pulled a little too much and it pulled the wires a little out of the molex and it is not making a connection.. the led for the switch is also not working and the door lock button either so its not just the window.

can you tell me which wires correspond to the switch and window motor?

Old 11-05-2014, 11:42 PM
welp issue resolved. went ahead and took off the driver door and connected the molex. right when i attached the switch for the driver side, i heard both windows move. BAM! issue resolved.

so apparently the circuit for the passenger side switch is not completed when the driver side switch is not connected. led, door lock, and window switch are all working. if anyone else is doing this endeavor and is testing things and gets freaked out because the passenger side doesnt work you now know why. the relief that my friend and i had lol.. we were both yelling. i was just screaming YES YES YES over and over lol

Old 11-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Is it as simple as you didn't plug the window controls harness back in?

The driver's has the lockout for window controls, so yes, make sure it's plugged in if you want any of the others to work.
Originally Posted by .cakestar
welp issue resolved. went ahead and took off the driver door and connected the molex. right when i attached the switch for the driver side, i heard both windows move. BAM! issue resolved.

so apparently the circuit for the passenger side switch is not completed when the driver side switch is not connected. led, door lock, and window switch are all working. if anyone else is doing this endeavor and is testing things and gets freaked out because the passenger side doesnt work you now know why. the relief that my friend and i had lol.. we were both yelling. i was just screaming YES YES YES over and over lol
Um, hate to say I called that one. Not sure if you missed that bit or not, but glad it's working now.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:17 PM
lol yah i understood for the window but i figured the door lock button would work and the led at least. the entire switch was dead