Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ms-8 and 06 with bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
ms-8 and 06 with bose

so i am trying to get a little clarification, I have an 06 with bose and am keeping the stock hu. I already have an ms-8 installed and have speaker inputs connected to the harness for hi level inputs. I basically have to turn the hu all the way to max for it to get enough signal for calibration and after reading a bunch on the diyma forums, it looks like the g35 and g37 guys with bose are just cutting the input prior to the bose amp and splicing into a twisted pair rca cable and connecting to low level input on the ms-8.

is this how it should be connected? shouldnt the outputs from the headunit to the amp be speaker level and therefore connected to the hi level input? or did i just misunderstand from the very beginning.

you can see andy talk about connecting to the rcas for a g37 with bose in this thread right here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...inedriver.html

if anyone with in depth knowledge on the outputs of the factory bose hu could give me some info. I actually purchased a line driver to help boost the preamp signal but i think i might have just connected it to the wrong input on the ms-8

Old 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
it looks like the g35 and g37 guys with bose are just cutting the input prior to the bose amp and splicing into a twisted pair rca cable and connecting to low level input on the ms-8.

is this how it should be connected?
Yes.

shouldnt the outputs from the headunit to the amp be speaker level and therefore connected to the hi level input?
No.

or did i just misunderstand from the very beginning.
Yes, you're mistaken.