Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer Navigation still not working properly. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer Navigation still not working properly. :(

Okay.. I started a thread couple weks back stating that my Pioneer SYS620T Navigation had problems because it lagged very badly. I would be at one end of the street, speed all the way down the street, only to look at my navigation and find that my navigation still thinks im exactly where I started. It takes maybe a good 7-8 seconds to register where I actually am. I took it back to the shop that installed my navigation and they fixed the speed sensor wire. Unfortunatly, they told me that this problem cannot be fixed by changing the speed sensor wire, but what I really needed was a Pulse Generator? They told me Pioneer makes them and that I would have to buy one for my navigation to properly work. Any insight on this?

Old 02-28-2005, 12:05 AM
You should be able to go into your Main menu. then to the "information menu" then to " location status" then to "connection status" the speed pulse will be displayed along with other connection status. The speed pulse will be at 0 in park then as you move the value will increase. you can leave this menu up as you drive to check. If the speed pulse does not change it is not hooked up right. You should not need a pulse generator.
Hope this helps?
Bob

Old 02-28-2005, 12:26 AM
I have just looked at the connection status and even though my car is parked, the Speed Pulse is shown as a constant 20, and occasional drop to 19. Even when I speed, the pulse stayed constant. What will I need to fix this problem? Is there a wire that affects the pulse? Thank You G35bob for your insight; you saved me 250 dollars for a pulse generator from Pioneer . But either way, if there aren't any other solutions, maybe I should take it to another shop that can fix my navigation properly or if all else fails, might as well get the pulse generator .Anybody else that has a Pioneer Navigation have had any of these kinds of problems?

Old 02-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Sounds like the original installer has the speed pulse hooked up to a constant voltage, thus the speed pulse reading of 20 all of the time. This 20 reading is telling the nav system that you are moving at a constant speed all of the time and it is trying to make a location correction all the time. The G35 has the proper speed pulse signal at the back of the radio. For the Bose head unit it is plug M39 pin 18 a white wire with a green stripe. The speed pulse generator would be redundant. I will email you a couple wiring schematics you should be able to take to any “good” car stereo shop and they should be able to hook up one wire correctly. It would be up to you if you want the original shop to mess with it anymore. One other thought, if it is hooked up correctly you may have a bad nav player. Ouch!
Hope this helps,
Bob

Old 02-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Thank You G35bob!
I have sent you a PM.
You are far too kind