Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How to Install a Remote Starter in a 2004/2005/2006 G35 (FULL GUIDE)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:03 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by phatrabbitzz
Thanks for this, I might actually try to do this myself because of how detailed and thorough this write up is. Where did you mount the antenna and how did you run the wire?
No problem, I couldn't find a guide like this so I made one myself. The antenna is mounted right next to the rearview mirror, and the wiring just runs through the headliner. The antenna is the easiest part which is why I didn't even bother to take pictures of it, but I'll do it when I get a chance to.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been wanting to do this since I saw this post, thank you very much for the clear step by step.

My 06 G35 has a different color scheme for the driver side door pin, see pic below. Since you mentioned that you weren't sure if it does anything I left it alone but if I was to connect it to which one should I connect it to as my color schemes appear to be different.

Also, where did you end up putting the EVO-ALL and the RS7 Devices?

Finally have you setup any of the combination key presses for AC control? Would be nice to setup seat heaters and AC controls.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Been wanting to do this since I saw this post, thank you very much for the clear step by step.

My 06 G35 has a different color scheme for the driver side door pin, see pic below. Since you mentioned that you weren't sure if it does anything I left it alone but if I was to connect it to which one should I connect it to as my color schemes appear to be different.

Also, where did you end up putting the EVO-ALL and the RS7 Devices?

Finally have you setup any of the combination key presses for AC control? Would be nice to setup seat heaters and AC controls.
I'm glad that you found it helpful! In regards to which which wire colour it is... I'm not sure, but I did some digging for you and it seems to be the yellow wire according to page BL-41 of the 2006 Sedan Service Manual.

I'm not sure if this is correct, since you didn't specify if you have the sedan or coupe, but it seems to be correct according to the manual. I'd suggest that you take a multimeter and check it according to the service manual, and if you figure it out, let me know.

The EVO-ALL and RS7 are just tucked where there was space. I just made sure that they weren't in the way of the steering wheel and secured them with zip ties. I don't have any good pictures of this, sorry.

I've actually sold my 2005 G35x and now have a 2007 g35x, so I never got a chance to do anything fancy like combination key presses. I really don't know if there's any easy way to control systems like that, but I definitely would have tried if I still had the car!

Hopefully this all helps! Best of Luck!

Attached Thumbnails How to Install a Remote Starter in a 2004/2005/2006 G35 (FULL GUIDE)-space-rs7.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bl.pdf (68.5 KB, 113 views)
Old 10-07-2017, 01:15 AM
The yellow didn't do it. I also checked the manual for 2005 G35 Coupe/Sedan and it shows the same as what you were referring to in the 2006 Sedan manual. (I have an 06 coupe) It only shows yellow wire, I'm actually not seeing anywhere where it is showing wire colors (white) with the plug like you have in yours and as mentioned in the picture. Yours is one line white other black, mine both top and bottom row of plug is white and all the wires are different colors.

The issue I'm having is that the headlights are not turning off if left in auto and car locked with RS7-G5.

Also when I lock the car with the RS7 remote the horn honks, yet I did not wire any of the 2 optional ones, the horn or the parking lights. I don't mind the honk upon lock just found it weird that it did it without me actually wiring those two optional ones.

Aside from that the car locks/unlocks remote starts/stops on command. I just want to resolve this headlight issue before I put everything back together.

Thinking about this some more I'm wondering if the instructions are correct and I just need to look for a white wire in a different BCM plug? I have the white wire as shown below, any idea where it goes in the car?

Last edited by phatrabbitzz; 10-07-2017 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:02 PM
The yellow didn't do it. I also checked the manual for 2005 G35 Coupe/Sedan and it shows the same as what you were referring to in the 2006 Sedan manual. (I have an 06 coupe) It only shows yellow wire, I'm actually not seeing anywhere where it is showing wire colors (white) with the plug like you have in yours and as mentioned in the picture. Yours is one line white other black, mine both top and bottom row of plug is white and all the wires are different colors.

The issue I'm having is that the headlights are not turning off if left in auto and car locked with RS7-G5.

Also when I lock the car with the RS7 remote the horn honks, yet I did not wire any of the 2 optional ones, the horn or the parking lights. I don't mind the honk upon lock just found it weird that it did it without me actually wiring those two optional ones.

Aside from that the car locks/unlocks remote starts/stops on command. I just want to resolve this headlight issue before I put everything back together.

Thinking about this some more I'm wondering if the instructions are correct and I just need to look for a white wire in a different BCM plug? I have the white wire as shown below, any idea where it goes in the car?
Sorry for the late reply, Thanksgiving in Canada was happening!

Hmm, I'm not sure why the yellow wire didn't work... In all honesty I didn't use the service manual to make this tutorial from scratch, I just put together various info from Fortin, Crimestoppers and MyPushCart. The MyPushCart documentation states that all G35s use a white wire, but the Fortin documentation states that it's the yellow wire. There is a very good chance this is a sedan/coupe difference. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post WireColor pictures here, so mods just delete if you need to, but that's another place where a yellow wire is mentioned.

The other wire you can potentially tap into is the "Autolight Shutdown" wire. I didn't use this, and this isn't used in any of the documentation, but if it does what it says, then it should do the job just fine. It's the blue wire with silver stripes on the bottom row of the large BCM connector (refer to the pictures). Try using this instead and see if it works.

In regards to the fact that your horn and parking lights are working without actually hooking them up... That's pretty crazy, because as far as I know, these cars don't support that functionality over CANBUS, but I guess the 2006 does, even though it's not mentioned anywhere. Might be something to look into.

Give it a shot and let me know, if that Autolight Shutdown wire doesn't work, I'll keep digging and see what I can find.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:44 PM
That's actually really helpful. I ended up running a wire from the actual driver door pin (green/black wire) and connected that to the lt blue/black Fortin wire and that did the same thing. My headlights would flicker and then stay on. I then ran the orange wire from the RS7 unit to the wire I ran from driver door pin and that worked. I'm thinking maybe my Fortin connector at the lt blue/black is bad or maybe should've downgraded firmware. But I achieved the same thing by just connecting the orange wire from the RS7 so problem solved.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:20 AM
That's actually really helpful. I ended up running a wire from the actual driver door pin (green/black wire) and connected that to the lt blue/black Fortin wire and that did the same thing. My headlights would flicker and then stay on. I then ran the orange wire from the RS7 unit to the wire I ran from driver door pin and that worked. I'm thinking maybe my Fortin connector at the lt blue/black is bad or maybe should've downgraded firmware. But I achieved the same thing by just connecting the orange wire from the RS7 so problem solved.
Oh! The flickering headlights problem is something that I already posted on the Fortin Q&A, but I wasn't aware that it kept your headlights on. When I was having this problem my lights would flicker as well, but then they would turn off just fine. I was hoping they had fixed it by now, but I guess not. If this is the source of your problem, then a downgrade is what would have likely fixed it for you. Still, that requires that Flash Link, which isn't necessary, so that's just a bug on their part I guess.

But good on you for fixing it anyways! Enjoy your remote starter!

Here's the Fortin Q&A for anyone interested in what I'm talking about: http://fortin.ca/en/qa/74851/evo-all...ed-on-2005-g35

The following users liked this post:
phatrabbitzz (10-11-2017)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:03 PM
2003.5 here I have a brown connection and 2 blue wires, unsure which one is the CAN HIGH thought this was going to be a straight forward install a little confused anyone can help?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jakasd
2003.5 here I have a brown connection and 2 blue wires, unsure which one is the CAN HIGH thought this was going to be a straight forward install a little confused anyone can help?
I specifically didn't include 2003 in the title of this guide because they are quite a bit different than the other G35s. Still, the OBD connections shouldn't be different. I'm not sure why you are using a brown connector since the OBD connector is the easier choice in this case.

Have a look under your steering column and you should see the different colored wires coming out of your OBD2 port. They should be blue and pink and they should correspond to CAN HIGH and CAN LOW.

Hopefully this helps!

Old 01-27-2018, 06:27 PM
Yeah I notice I was looking at the wrong connector shorty after thanks!

Old 01-28-2018, 02:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakasd
Yeah I notice I was looking at the wrong connector shorty after thanks!
Can you let us know how it goes? I have a 2003.5 as well.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the guide. This is awesome! So thorough.

I ordered this a while back but haven't gotten around to installing it.

EASYGUARD EC003 Smart Key PKE Passive Keyless Entry Car Alarm System engine start button Remote Engine Start Universal Version
Amazon Amazon

You reckon this would work? I also got this to go with it.

Bypass
Amazon Amazon

Old 05-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
So those with intelli-key, are we able to ditch the factory key fob after programming the RS7?

Old 05-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by 4mermarine
So those with intelli-key, are we able to ditch the factory key fob after programming the RS7?
No, still need it to drive.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
No, still need it to drive.
I suppose you could rip the transponder chip out of the factory fob and imbed it into the RS7 fob, if there is room.

Last edited by 4mermarine; 05-08-2018 at 04:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.