Cell Phone Mount - Coin Holder - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

Cell Phone Mount - Coin Holder

Old 08-09-2017, 09:58 PM

Thumbs up Cell Phone Mount - Coin Holder

Hey guys,

I have been searching for a good cell phone mount for that "Coin holder" that comes with the G35.

I own a 2006 G35 Coupe and I wanted to figure out a way to use it for a phone.

Here is what I came up with that works pretty well. I bought the Steelie Cell Phone mount.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAQKRHY/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAQKRHY/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
It will work with any phone with or without a case.

Looks like this and this now...

It closes just fine without the phone and it's just the steel ball. Mine closes with the phone also but I would think its based on the positioning and the phone size itself. Only downside is getting used to the metal ring addition to the back of your phone. Kinda felt weird at first but not so bad after a little while.

Anyway, I thought I would share. I searched this forum to see what anyone else did but I couldn't find one. (Unless, I didn't search well enough.)

Thanks
Old 08-10-2017, 08:41 AM

Neat idea!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Neat idea!
Thanks. Works great!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I purchased a Logitech case, which has a metal back, and simply disassembled the top of the cubby. Once apart, there's quite a bit of space in there for some powerful magnets. The case doesn't have that big nub for the ball, and there's zero evidence of the magnets behind the plastic.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:12 AM

Do do you have any pictures of it? I may be interested in doing that. Any problems with the phone not holding right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
I purchased a Logitech case, which has a metal back, and simply disassembled the top of the cubby. Once apart, there's quite a bit of space in there for some powerful magnets. The case doesn't have that big nub for the ball, and there's zero evidence of the magnets behind the plastic.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:10 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkricky View Post
Do do you have any pictures of it? I may be interested in doing that. Any problems with the phone not holding right?
The photos of complete look exactly like a before photo. The install was so simple I didn't think of doing pictures. Just unscrew the two pieces of the top part so that you can put the magnets in place, hold the phone where you want it and your power cord can be connected and wherever the magnets stick well and hold the phone in place, you just high-temp hot-glue them in place without putting any glue between the magnets and the plastic.

No problems at all. The hard drive magnets I used are stronger than the ones used in most magnetic cell phone mounts.