Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Radio Navi question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Sports Suspension Pkg. 19" Rims staggard. Japan radio unit with MD player. SPC Front Camber Kit.
OEM Radio Navi question

I bought the japanese console so that may possibly watch TV (or a DVD) as there's a button for it.

Can anyone identify the cables that go into it?
Especially the one that is not on the US version radio navi.

Any info would help.

Japan's G35 has a rear camera but didnt know where that went in if iy did at all, but this car was with a camera so it's gotta be here right?

Old 01-28-2018, 01:14 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
I don't have experience with that headunit per se, but based on my fairly extensive knowledge of these cars audio systems and a little bit of google, you're missing the actual TV tuner, which looks something like this:

Since it mounts in the trunk, you're also short the harness, which likely goes between the navigation processing unit in the glovebox and the TV tuner in the trunk (and back to the radio). The navigation display appears to be the same between the USDM and JDM units, so from what I can tell, you got the only part that doesn't need to be from Japan.

It's likely the audio and video signal goes from the tuner to the navigation unit, then splits the audio to the radio via the same audio channel the navigation voice uses, and the same video signal the navigation would go on.

Anyway, to get what you seem to want, check this post: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...play-dvds.html

Old 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Sports Suspension Pkg. 19" Rims staggard. Japan radio unit with MD player. SPC Front Camber Kit.
Ahh..

Thank you so much! I will have to search online for the TV tuner.

This purchase wasn't only for the TV, so I don't have any regrets since I have plenty of MDs with music AND I wanted the Japanese "kanji" buttons.

If anyone knows where to get the TV Tuner and the wires (besides going to japan and getting out out of a 350GT--I have relatives there so if need be I can do this) online, please lemme know!

Thanks again!

Old 02-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
See what you can find at amayama.com. It's a Japanese parts house.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by betta-j
Thank you so much! I will have to search online for the TV tuner.

This purchase wasn't only for the TV, so I don't have any regrets since I have plenty of MDs with music AND I wanted the Japanese "kanji" buttons.

If anyone knows where to get the TV Tuner and the wires (besides going to japan and getting out out of a 350GT--I have relatives there so if need be I can do this) online, please lemme know!

Thanks again!
It's much more than just wires. You're looking at a harness even bigger and involved than the one that's just for navigation, which is something along these lines: