Electrical Gremlins - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Electrical Gremlins

Old 07-10-2018, 03:03 PM

Question Electrical Gremlins

I have a 2007 g35x auto. I was experiencing low/dead battery if the car hadn't been driven in the past several days. I charged then disconnected the battery for several weeks to see if it maintained a charge; it did and the car started and ran fine with the battery reconnected. I guess I have an issue causing a current drain. I dread trying to track that down, but my more immediate problem is that when I reconnected the battery and the car started, my radio did not work and other options on the video console display didn't work or show up in the display (though the console did have power and displayed "radio"). My climate control had working lights on the controls, but the controls didn't work and neither did the climate control system. All of my warning lights illuminated at start up, but once started there were no warnings. Other interior electrics seem to work (windows, door locks, etc. - except the red led with the odometer, outside temp, etc., but that went dark before this recent problem - I would gladly accept help in trouble shooting that as well ).

I don't know if having the battery disconnected for several weeks caused this problem and, if so, how to correct it. I also suspect mice in the wiring as a possibility, but I want to seek tech help from this informed community before taking things apart to check wiring. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Problem Solved?

After the battery had been connected for a couple of days, the problems in my post disappeared. Sorry to have taken up space and time on the forum.

However, any help on the red rectangular led display not working is appreciated.