Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Nav/DVD/Non Blose + Digital Wheelz + alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:49 AM
mrb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav/DVD/Non Blose + Digital Wheelz + alarm

I'm really glad I found this forum, first off. I figured I would need to spend at least a month or two researching and researching. I think I went back 20 pages on this forum (Audio/Sat/Etc) reading, maybe 25 pages, hours and hours reading

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get a 6MT with the premium package, it's like $ down the drain. I need the HU only, as I want to retain steering wheel controls, everything else will get boxed up when I return it to stock. So please correct me if I am wrong with anything here, but I think these points are correct.

1. The stock HU is the same as the one that comes with the Blose/premium package.

2. The stock HU (non Blose) has capability for Satellite Radio.

3. The 6X9's on the Blose system suck, and aren't needed.

4. If a Digtal Wheelz product is made for the '05, I can use it in the cubby hole on a Non Blose system.

I say I researched a ton because all of this factors in what options I'm going to purchase with the car. I'm glad I've waited on buying so far.

This is what I plan to do, so any of you that have done this or have plans, I'd like to hear from you.

A. Get the clean sweep product when it's available or get a DSP to take care of the factory equalization problem.

B. Add 1 5 channel amp to power everything and hang it in the trunk.
I have an 800 watt Soundstream Tarantula amp that would work perfect but it's a big **** so I need to see if I can hang it or not.

C. Buy the 4080 box for my already owned 10" Soundstream sub

D. Replace the crap factory speakers with Soundstream stuff I already own. (Don't know if my front component speakers will work yet, don't remember the tweeter size) I got a killer deal on the Soundstream components I own, I know they aren't the best, but they do what I want, clean, powerful sound.

E. Get the pioneer + Digital Wheelz Xenarc setup if it becomes avail for the '05 model coupe.

F. Buy the Sirius tuner and run it myself with the Terk Micro I have. I have the 1 pin to 2 pin converter already as well.

My only questions with this, is if I'm correct in my assumptions. If so I'm going to order a coupe soon, with nothing more than a Sunroof and add the lip, splash guards etc (everything sans the rear spoiler) after or roll it into the deal when I order. I've done all this research because I'm thinking for less $ than the premium package I can do everything I want.

Again, will that cubby hole work and can I use it for Digital Wheelz with the Non Blose stereo. And also, above the glovebox, on the Non premium packaged coupe, is that area still there to add the Pioneer DVD/Nav unit?

I'm trying to save myself a few thousand bucks, and that is nothing to take lightly. If I can get the coupe like this and be able to do what I want, it will be much cheaper than paying extra dough for things I'm not going to use anyway. And kudos to whomever I read that figured out that neutral switch for putting remote start in the car, that is trick. I have a Viper with remote start on my MT car right now, and if I remote start the car with the car in gear, the car is going to lurch forward and drive itself someplace

The only thing I might ask you guys later on, is what to do about adding a DVD/Nav player without having to use a FM modulator for sounds since I'll be using Satellite radio already (perhaps a switch?)

Long post, and some questions, so please don't flame, just trying to save some $, alot of $.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:26 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like you also spent a lot of time adding the L to Bose. Buy a KIA that outta save you "alot of $"

Old 03-16-2005, 10:14 PM
mrb
No sense in spending $ you don't have to. Majority of people replaced it anyways. Thanks for contributing though

Old 03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
For DVD/Nav, if you decide to go with carputer then you can do SAT audio switching via COM port, see this MP3Car post.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, the Nuetral saftey switch is very, very nice.