Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help with planning install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with planning install

Hi, I'm looking into a mp3 player install and I am thinking about putting it where the ashtray is.

here is the unit I want:
Omnifi DMP1 mp3 player you may have seen it installed in this thread

The control unit is basically the size of a single din but just 2" deep. I'm hoping it will fit there. of course it will require re-locating the emergency button. does anybody know for sure if it will fit?

I remember seeing someone mold a deck into that spot... but can't find the thread now. I'd like the control unit to be flush or as flat as possible to the trim.

also, I tried for a price for the lower console trim piece that covers the area around the ashtray & shifter (I have 2004 6MT, titanium trim) to give to the shop to work on...

I called my dealer and the parts guy sounded very confused... asked for my vin and still took 20 mins to find it. he gave me a price of $145CND for it.
I also asked for a price on the cubby lide and he quoted $175CND for the whole radio trim...

any advice is welcome!
thanks

Old 03-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone remember who had installed a headunit in the ashtray location?

I really need to know how much space is available behind the ashtray and emergency button. Probably anyone who has taken apart the console should be able to tell me?

Thanks