Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AVelectronic Unit in 2005 G35???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVelectronic Unit in 2005 G35???

Hi, has anyone installed the AVelectronic unit into their 2005? IF so how is the picture quality?? I want to connect a Xbox via the Svideo input offered on the AVelectronic Unit.

1. Is the Avelctronic unit compat with the 2005?
2. How is the S video quality?
3. Any problems with "noise" on the screen?

If anyone who as the unit installed could ans those questions would be very helpful..

Old 04-25-2005, 01:47 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
I am also interested in knowing this as well

Old 04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
bump as someone has got to know. I remember someone doing it but they never came back on the board (guess thats not a good thing)

Old 04-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah it didnt work... RGB wires worked fine but the pink sync didnt work too well...

hold onto your butts, were trying!
well post as soon as we get something...

Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey. i just got of the phone wit "SAM" from Avelectronic unit. He said that the it works wit the 2005 and that they are shipping them already. BUT u need to cut into 4 wires unlike just 1 wire wit the 03-04.
Anybody have another solution for this?? this thing costs 565!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Banned
four wires = red, green, blue, and pink sync...

no theres no other solution to the price, im surprised AVE got it to work!

Old 04-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Umm for some reason I don't trust that Sam is really knowledgable....but ok. And FYI, 05 requires cutting for ANYTHING you now buy....I hate it too and was against it due to dealer issues down the line, but its the only way because there is no harness in between the screen and NAV unit in your upper glovebox. The only way to know for sure that the AV works is to have someone with an 05 to fess up or else I stand by my words!

Trending Topics

Old 04-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Umm for some reason I don't trust that Sam is really knowledgable....but ok. And FYI, 05 requires cutting for ANYTHING you now buy....I hate it too and was against it due to dealer issues down the line, but its the only way because there is no harness in between the screen and NAV unit in your upper glovebox. The only way to know for sure that the AV works is to have someone with an 05 to fess up or else I stand by my words!
No harness!!! wtf ! They really dont want us to put these things in there do they!

Old 04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah guys... The above is all true. I have sold a few AV units already for those with '05 G-Coupes/Sedans... No feedback from any of them, so I assume they all work.

But of course, the 03-04 G's have a plug/play version of the AV Unit... The install was pretty easy.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by ikSardarG
Yeah guys... The above is all true. I have sold a few AV units already for those with '05 G-Coupes/Sedans... No feedback from any of them, so I assume they all work.

But of course, the 03-04 G's have a plug/play version of the AV Unit... The install was pretty easy.
hey ikSardarG, can you pm me with the current pricing of the avelectronic unit with s-video in and the PAC audio adapter? i tried to send you a PM but you need to clear your box

Old 04-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by ikSardarG

Singh shab! can you also send me a PM with the pricing info on the Av unit for the 2005 G? Also could you possiable ask the person you sold the units what color wires they had to cut and splice.. it would make the install 1,000 times easier.. since we have no wireharness.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by g35driver05
Singh shab! can you also send me a PM with the pricing info on the Av unit for the 2005 G? Also could you possiable ask the person you sold the units what color wires they had to cut and splice.. it would make the install 1,000 times easier.. since we have no wireharness.

The wire colors are on the Navi Schematic...

http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

You only need to mess with the RGB+SYNC (4 wires total), then power, just tap into cigarette lighter from the back or find somewhere on the schematic. The instructions that come with the units usually tell you where to go from there once you've found these four wires.

To see instructions that come with the PAC unit just go to thier website www.pac-audio.com, click on downloads or something like that and look at the diagram, pretty straight forward.

Just remember when looking at the NAVI diagram, we don't have the M82/M83 harness like the 03 and 04, so just cut from the M35 connector. The diagram I gave you is of an 03-04, but you get the point. And I don't think the colors of the wires have changed, just the connector name, but that doesn't matter because each connector behind your console is shaped differently, just look for the one that has the same array dimensions of M35.

Old 04-28-2005, 12:05 AM
The wire colors are on the Navi Schematic...

http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

You only need to mess with the RGB+SYNC (4 wires total), then power, just tap into cigarette lighter from the back or find somewhere on the schematic. The instructions that come with the units usually tell you where to go from there once you've found these four wires.

To see instructions that come with the PAC unit just go to thier website www.pac-audio.com, click on downloads or something like that and look at the diagram, pretty straight forward.

Just remember when looking at the NAVI diagram, we don't have the M82/M83 harness like the 03 and 04, so just cut from the M35 connector. The diagram I gave you is of an 03-04, but you get the point. And I don't think the colors of the wires have changed, just the connector name, but that doesn't matter because each connector behind your console is shaped differently, just look for the one that has the same array dimensions of M35.
Thanks alot for the wesite, and the information. That is an excellet DIY guide!

Are you going to go with the AV unit or still going to wait for the PAC-Unit (nav to dvd) to fix the rolling screen problem?

You can plug any video "in" from any video outsource into the pac? For example . video in from Xbox, Ps2, computer etc.
Thanks once again !

Old 04-28-2005, 02:42 AM
I am waiting for the PAC bug to be fixed since my car is now PAC pre wired so all I have to do is switch out the actual module. And yes, anything can plug "in" to the PAC box (but only video input like the yellow RCA cord), no S-Video input.

And as someone suggested, I have changed my plans from PS2 to this...since it also comes with a TV tuner! And is small!

http://www.webonlinestore.com/stuff_...dvd/FD-7TV.htm

Old 04-28-2005, 10:12 AM
I am waiting for the PAC bug to be fixed since my car is now PAC pre wired so all I have to do is switch out the actual module. And yes, anything can plug "in" to the PAC box (but only video input like the yellow RCA cord), no S-Video input.

And as someone suggested, I have changed my plans from PS2 to this...since it also comes with a TV tuner! And is small!

http://www.webonlinestore.com/stuff_...dvd/FD-7TV.htm

That looks great and the price is good too! Where would you mount it?

I am going to go with the xbox only because i have it modded with a 250GB hard dirve and all movies saved on it.. so no need to change /carry dvd disc wit you. Also you can fit like a 100 movies in DIVX format.!!!! And with a wireless remote navigation for the slection of movies/mp3 is very simple.!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AVelectronic Unit in 2005 G35???