Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Boston Acoustics SL65 & SL60

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boston Acoustics SL65 & SL60

Well this weekend I put them in. This is phase one. Sounds great w/ just the BOSE amp and stock head unit. Highs are definitely better and the low end has a bit more as well. Didn't put in my Xtant amp since I haven't completed the trunk area.

Here's the problem w/ my trunk. I've got a 12" Solobaric L5 that I want to put in the spare tire well. That would require building a floor raised I believe at least 2". Reason being the sub's depth leaves only about 1.5-2" from the bottom if I were to have it flush w/ the chassis. Don't really want to lose that much trunk space by raising the floor too much. The other option is to have it angled towards the back so I don't have to worry too much about the back being too close to the sub.

Anyone have a setup like this? I'd like to take a look at some pictures of it... see if that's the way I want to do it. Also if anyone knows how to figure out the optimum distance from the back of a box to the front of the sub, this would be helpful as well. If nothing else maybe throwing in a 10" solobaric would be better... but I'd miss my 12" hehe.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was the speakers and wiring harness all you needed? or did you havta get sumthin extra for the bose to be compatible??

Old 05-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that was it... nothing else required. Just drilled in the mounting plate into the door and connected the wires. i used the stock tweeter connector so i didn't need to pull any wires. the stock ones were pretty thick for stock. This is probably the easiest install I've ever seen. Since all the wires go to the trunk... all I need to do is run power to the trunk (althought the stock amp I think has 8 gauge wire.. I'm upgrading to 4) and connected up everything else. So clean. No pulling any wires hehe.

So I think we've figured out a good way... bye bye spare tire... hello 12" solobaric. Here's the general idea.