Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

JL Audio Stealthbox ON SALE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe some are confusing quality with quantity. A 10W1 in a properly built cabinet is an extremely good sounding sub-bass system. As a matter of fact, the original 10W1 was one of the most popular sound-off subs, where sound quality is paramount. JL Audio has other sub lines to satisfy the 'basshead', but JL's philosophy has never been to build a sub with quantity as its most important feature, sound quality has always been first. Quantity is a byproduct of awesome linear extension and piston area; JL Audio subs have been known for both, but they are not willing to sacrifice sound quality and sub-bass extension.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I bet it sounds better than a BassLink or tube. If you get the correct amp no LOC needed, get connection from rear speakers,power and bam BASS (some). I haven't heard it but I have heard other JL enclosures and I have heard the BassLink and tubes.

Mark

Old 05-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Superman
Thanks guys for not killing the messenger...

I am only looking for additional bass in the car. And if replacing the sub-par 6x9's will give me that additional bass, I would be more than happy to replace them. But something tells me that this box will produce more bass than any 6x9 could do in an infinite baffle setup (what it would be since there is no enclosure around the speaker).

I could be wrong, but if someone else has in fact replaced the 6x9's and got a big bump in low frequency bass, I would love to hear their impressions and specifics on the install.

As for the factory amp move, I read through the instructions and it said that if you still need it, you can mount it just in front of the box. The instructions don't say anything about the amp relocation causing any space concerns.

Your first point is correct, the JL stealthbox will produce more and better sounding bass than a pair of 6x9's in the rear deck. Good luck.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GRider35c
Ron, were not bagging on Superman, we're just letting other "non-audiophiles" out there know that this stealthbox shouldnt be as hyped up as it is... if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested in this setup, i would recommend getting new 6x9 rear deck speakers instead, and an amp to go with it, it will surely sound better than this stealthbox...
kia,

what made you think I was directing my comment to you..... lol

Old 05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Sound Advice
Every JL stealth box we've installed has sounded great inside the vehicle. It not for pounding down the street but a huge improvement over the stock system. And the W1 is a nice sub. 150 watts RMS can sound pretty impressive inside a small cabin like the Gs. I had 150 watts hooked up to a JL 8W0 in a Tahoe than sounded like a lot more than an entry level 8 inch sub.

Kia, I'll let you be the first one to listen to the first stealth box I do and allow you to sit at my computer and post your impressions of the box (while eating crow) and retract the comment about the 6x9s

Old 05-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Rudy
Every JL stealth box we've installed has sounded great inside the vehicle. It not for pounding down the street but a huge improvement over the stock system. And the W1 is a nice sub. 150 watts RMS can sound pretty impressive inside a small cabin like the Gs. I had 150 watts hooked up to a JL 8W0 in a Tahoe than sounded like a lot more than an entry level 8 inch sub.

Kia, I'll let you be the first one to listen to the first stealth box I do and allow you to sit at my computer and post your impressions of the box (while eating crow) and retract the comment about the 6x9s
ill have to hear it to believe it azizam...

you coming to Stillen Day Rudy?

Old 05-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Sound Advice
Originally Posted by GRider35c
ill have to hear it to believe it azizam...

you coming to Stillen Day Rudy?

Keep up that sweet talkin and you will see me b4 then.

Yeah I think I am going, are you guys meeting up b4 to head over there?

Old 05-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Rudy
Keep up that sweet talkin and you will see me b4 then.

Yeah I think I am going, are you guys meeting up b4 to head over there?
yeah man, ihop at 8am, then stillen at 9, we can cruise to ihop 2gether jigar...