Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

JL Audio Stealthbox ON SALE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have a price? and pic?

Old 05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the trunk has no space to begin with... and the 10W1 isnt that great a speaker anyhow... 150W RMS!, the 8W7 im getting is 400watts RMS

this setup is for people who really know nothing about car audio... i wouldnt put this thing in even if it was given to me for free.

sorry about all the negative comments, but its just my honest opinion!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by GRider35c
the trunk has no space to begin with... and the 10W1 isnt that great a speaker anyhow... 150W RMS!, the 8W7 im getting is 400watts RMS

this setup is for people who really know nothing about car audio... i wouldnt put this thing in even if it was given to me for free.

sorry about all the negative comments, but its just my honest opinion!
Your so-called "honest opinion" means nothing if you haven't heard the unit (enclosure + sub in this case) in action. The 10w1 is an excellent sub for the money and the specific design of ANY enclosure has a considerable effect on the performance of any given sub.

Do us all a favor and avoid badmouthing a product you've never seen or heard.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Need pics!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by infocalypse
Your so-called "honest opinion" means nothing if you haven't heard the unit (enclosure + sub in this case) in action. The 10w1 is an excellent sub for the money and the specific design of ANY enclosure has a considerable effect on the performance of any given sub.

Do us all a favor and avoid badmouthing a product you've never seen or heard.
ive heard stealthboxes and JLAudio's sub boxes, and they suck! they make awesome subs and amps, but for some reason some boxes they manufacture arent even to there own specs on the sub...

and YES, i still stand behind my last OPINION, IT MUST SUCK!

EDIT: R & D for car audio sub boxes isnt magic, theres no "magic box" that can be made to outperform others... 150 watts + W1 = sucky, theres no question about it! i bet there are 6x9 deck speakers that can outperform this stealthbox. oh and that brings up another point, the main purpose of this box it to be "stealthy," and they did a good job in doing so. if its stealthy you want, get this box, but if youre into car audio, then dont, its as simple as that!

Last edited by GRider35c; 05-20-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmm, I am a big fan of JL Audio, and I had a Stealthbox in my old Z32, but....10w1? and 150 watts RMS? Thats not really enough for our cars, being in the trunk and all.

I think the 4080 box with the 10w6v2 is a much better choice. Of course, I am biased, but the 4080 box with any decent speaker is going to be better than a Stealthbox with a 10w1.

My honest opinion.

Dave

Old 05-20-2005, 05:18 PM
I dont tend to promote one product over another but I must admit that money would be best spent on either constructing your own box (if your the DIY type) or simply purchasing the 4080 which in my opinion is a high quality design.

Even though this product may appear attractive now, if you ever decide to expand your system you would have to scrap/sell the box and sub. On the other hand it may provide the alternative solution to thosel who simply want a better sounding sub to run with their bose system.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:34 PM
I think many of you guys fail to see the target audience for this enclosure. Obviously you're not going to get huge booming bass out of this thing. But for someone who is looking to lose zero trunk space and doesn't need a huge amount of bass, this looks to be pretty decent. Note that myself, I already have a 4080 box installed with a Kicker Solobaric (old style) and 300 watts.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:40 PM
One thing that wasn't mentioned yet is the fact that the factory amp needs to either be removed or moved since the stealthbox is going to occupy the space where the amp presently is. I can't vouch for the sound quality yet, but we sell/intall alot of stealthboxes and haven't got a complaint yet. Don't get me wrong here, they are not for competition systems. Rather, they are for people who don't want huge boxes in their cars while getting decent bass.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's give superman a break, he just started this thread to let us know about something new out there......

everyone is entitled to their opinions......

doc

Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by docron1
Let's give superman a break, he just started this thread to let us know about something new out there......

everyone is entitled to their opinions......

doc
Ron, were not bagging on Superman, we're just letting other "non-audiophiles" out there know that this stealthbox shouldnt be as hyped up as it is... if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested in this setup, i would recommend getting new 6x9 rear deck speakers instead, and an amp to go with it, it will surely sound better than this stealthbox...

Old 05-21-2005, 06:38 AM
I have the 4080 box jlw6 v2 and PG amp well over 600 watts rms and this doesn't sound like it would be for me BUT how can you say get something else that you haven't heard (generic 6x9) instead of what you have not heard either? I would not be surprised and probably think theJL would sound better than at most if not almost all 6x9 free air w/150 rms... IMHO

Mark

Old 05-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
The infamous JL Stealthbox holy grail.. I have two BIG problems with it:

1)Your going to pay alot of money for that enclosure. The W1 actually isn't a bad speaker, it's the revision of the 10W0 that used to be out.

and MOST IMPORTANTLY

2)Uh, I drive a sedan, which I'm sure JL could give 3 rats *** about.

and a semi-third

3) You cannot upgrade the driver in that box, it doesn't have depth enough to stick a 10W3v2 (probably) or a 10W6v2(no doubt.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JL Audio Stealthbox ON SALE