Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

stock speaker disappointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock speaker disappointment

Got my Coupe 4 months ago, the last thing that is bothering me is the stock speaker. Has anyone here try to swap them all by your own hand? This way we could save a lot of $$$ compare to go to the auto shop, the worst, can't really get what we paid for... Any info on speaker sizes, installation instruction or brand suggestion is welcom and appreciated!

Old 06-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Re: stock speaker disappointment

If you search, there are threads here and on freshalloy that deal with this. Allthough consensus is that you should add an amp, some people note improved sound with 6.5" components in the front doors.

Mark
2003 G35s TB/Willow/Signal Mirrors/Tint/Ground
1997 Maxima

Old 06-06-2003, 10:36 AM

One thing that im good with is car stereos... The speakers that are stock with the car are panasonic paper coated speakers, and yes they are crap... I replaced mine with an excellent system and did it in the best shop in new jersey hands down... it took them 3 days to to rite, the key word is rite... Our car is extreamly difficult to take apart and to put speakers in, For one you can not remove the stock head unit because it is all one curcut borad attached to the heating controls etc. and u need to make sure that ur speakers matchup with ur factory amp... Honestly bro this is a job for professionals, i installed my system on my jeep and its nothing compared to this car, u need to dig to find things, get specialty parts to match volatge, and do a whole bunch of things to make it rite, my advice is do not attempt to do it by urself... unless ur good... did u get bose, if u did then u really screwed to pooch because that makes it 10 times harder.. and more expensive... my advice to u for speakers however is boston acustics, there pricey but they def will give you what ur looking for, for other parts of the system i would recomend only alpine...i have a pretty much uniformed alpine stereo, its NUTS!

Old 06-07-2003, 04:30 PM

I have the BOSE system so im not sure how yours is but i want to replace mine too. Thing is I want to keep the factory head and redo the speakers I found a place in NY they will open the radio and make rca inputs from the preamp setion of the head unit so I can add what ever speakers and amps I want. In the past I have always wanted cars that went fast but I also entered stereo competions. i found you cant have the best of both worlds. For every hp I added i added 10 pounds making the car slow again. Thats why I say fast and the furious was a bs movie. The G35 coupe is a fast car already so me personally i dont want to weigh it down with too much of a stereo installation. I dont know what your intrest are wether you want a fast car or a loud car, but i fgured i would offer a little past experience. I will change the stereo, but beliveme this time it will be simple. Just enough to get the linearity I like to hear in a car stereo.