Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DigitalWheelz Longer Cables Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DigitalWheelz Longer Cables Available

I just recieved in the longer 9" cables that will start shipping with all new DigitalWheelz screens starting July 4th.

The new longer cables are mostly to make installation easier and mitigate any problems from overextending the screen during the install and shouldn't normally be necessary if you already have your screen successfully installed.

If you are having any problems with your current DigitalWheelz screen that may be caused by an overextended cable, you can request a new longer cable and one will be mailed to you free of charge. The most common problem caused is a white screen when removing or inserting the screen caused by a loose display cable. To request a new cable, you must own any model of a digitalwheelz screen housing and must send an e-mail to support@digitalwheelz.com with the name and shipping address you ordered under and approximate date of purchase.

The upgrade takes under an hour to perform, however, it is not a simple install and is recommended only if you are having problems with your current screen. You will have to carefully remove the old ribbon cable and LCD screen to replace it with the new one. This can be done without removing any of the center console, though it is tricky.

To see exactly what is involved with the upgrade you can download the Revision 2.0 / Flat Flex Cable Upgrade Guide from the digitalwheelz.com site.

If you are a revision 1.0 screen owner, and would like to upgrade to the 2.0 frame, you can do so here, all other orders will go through mp3car.com: http://www.digitalwheelz.com/ecommer...alog/index.php
The new frames will come with a longer display cable too.

If you don't own a DigitalWheelz screen yet, but would like to, the new screen housings are now shipping for 03/04 model years only. If you are a G35driver premier member, you can take advantage of a coupon code I posted in the premier members section that will give you up to $100 off your purchase.

See the coupon here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/group-buys/58907-digitalwheelz-lcd-screen-non-nav-g35s.html

Last edited by god_of_cpu; 06-28-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So do we have any new news on when the 05's will finally be ready. Also anyone with the new units have pics they can post, would like to see how that screen looks in action. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah I can't wait for the 05's screen housing to come out since i didn't get the navi

Old 07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered myself an 05 center console and have begun working on an 05 housing. Although the consoles look similar, the 05 is cubby hole is about an inch wider and just throws everything off. Pretty much every part from the 04 model is going to have to be changed in a significant way to get it to both work well and make it look like it belongs there.

I can't give any dates to when the 05 model will be for sale, but I expect to have a completed prototype done sometime in August.