Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I want a better STEREO...help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want a better STEREO...help

Hi folks....I have a 2003.5 G35 Sedan. Not happy with the "premium" bose system in the car. Not so premium if you ask me. It's very dull, not clear or crisp sounding. I'm not looking for a big "boom-boom" bass system. I just want a louder, clearer, crisper sounding system. I went to a dealer and he suggested adding a more powerful amplifier(Kenwood) and replacing all the speakers with Boston Acoustics which has more wattage. He's keeping the subwoofer that came in the car. Do you feel this is best for what I am looking for? By the way...cost...$1100.
Thanks for your replies,
Kev

Old 06-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I want a better STEREO...help

So I'm guessing 1100 will be your limit for your system? I would change the head unit as well since you'll have some signal mismatch. I never heard a stock head unit sound better then an aftermarket unit. I don't know the size of speaker that the G35 uses, but I'm guessing 6.5 Rainbow audio speakers/ arc audio amps makes a killer speaker/amp setup, but would cost some money. As for head units, I would go with alpine or Pioneer.

For more info check out

www.elitecaraudio.com
www.sounddomain.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.