Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

This is what I want to do...is it possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I want to do...is it possible?

Ok, this is my first post so please be gentle.

A few weeks ago I bought my G35 Sedan (Desert Platinum, Premium). No Nav.

I saw the flush-mounted screen in one of the other posts and really liked it. What I would like to do is use the same premise but the application a bit different.

I would like to incorporate a screen and an mp3 player of some type. The screen would show the information about the mp3 that is playing (ie artist, album, title, track, etc.). I would also like to control the playing of the music via remote control.

I am technicially proficient but would surely need some help in the form of websites or docs on the subject.

Thanks a million for the great posts of the past.

Old 06-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: This is what I want to do...is it possible?

Anything's possible given enough time and money. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I've seen some articles on cramming a small PC with a touchscreen into a G. Don't remember where they were, but that route could definately handle DVD movies and MP3's.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-25-2003, 04:48 PM

Try http://www.mp3car.com It's a forum with alot of good info on things like this

Old 06-25-2003, 04:55 PM

Also check out this site and this thread . The site wants to jump to a bogus page but just hit Stop in your browser once the first page loads. That might give you some ideas and proves that anything is possible, and creativity and technical proficiency is more important than money!

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 06-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Zen

Yeah. I have an Xbox with the chip mod. A 120 gig hard drive replaces the stocked 10 gig and a freeware program called Evolution X installed as an OS/media player. The two allow the Xbox to play MP3. BMP. JPEG. "everything", on top of that it will play DVDs and Xbox games stored on the hard drive. All Controlled with the standard Xbox game pad. Mine is tapped into the stock Nav. The Xbox is behind the drivers seat (I'm single, four people will never ride in my car) and all controlled by the Xbox DVD remote. I'm currently waiting for Blitzsafe to come out with the AUX connector, so I can stop using FM modulation. The cost is $200 for the Xbox, $60 for the chip, $100 for the Hard drive, $30 for the remote w/ extension cord to run the inferred eye to the front, $350 for the Pioneer GEX P7000 TV tuner, $25 for the video switch and $80 for the FM mod or Blitzsafe. Add $50 for misc. parts and you need to solider the chip. PM me when you're really, really, ready to do it, and also PM me because I might not check back to this thread. I might be willing to sell you my Xbox. I will reply to your PM, but I might not reply to others if I get too many messages. Sorry no time. Prices are estimated and I will post Pic and instructions when the Blitzsafe is available.

Old 06-25-2003, 10:56 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

Zen is a brave man, posting self-incriminating information publicly

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 06-26-2003, 02:43 AM
Zen

Yeah, That's why I didn't post any links. Don't want the forum to get any heat from the "Big Guy" (B. Gates). Anyways, Moding is not a crime only coping the games. Besides, I only Play what I Pay for.