General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

DIY security and theft deterrents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DIY security and theft deterrents

Hi all,

As soon as I picked up my G, I put a 2 way pager Viper alarm system in it with motion detector sensors all around. The immobilizer is also in place along with the ignition kill.

In my old Honda, there was a mod where you tap into the fuel line feeding the fuel pump and hook up a switch to it to power the pump on and off. This was probably one of the best mods I had b/c even if they got around the alarm, they would have only made it down the street!

Is there anything similar I can do for the G35s? Are there any other similar security tricks we can do...I thought of electrocuting them somehow or having spikes engaged from the drivers seat to stab a few holes in his *** if he tries to start it without disarming the alarm, etc? But I may need more feasible options

Thanks

Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
We have chipped keys, theres ways around this, not too many thieves know about it. But the amatuer thieves will not even take the car. They would just take your wheels and leave your ride on 1 or 2 objects holding it up/down.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got rid of my GSR due to theft concerns. I doubt anyone would steal a G, and like Sonny35 said we have chipped keys which would make it too much work for an amateur thief. Either way an alarm won't stop a tow truck or someone who wants your car bad enough.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Is there anything similar I can do for the G35s? Are there any other similar security tricks we can do...I thought of electrocuting them somehow or having spikes engaged from the drivers seat to stab a few holes in his *** if he tries to start it without disarming the alarm, etc? But I may need more feasible options

You might try this LOL

http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/4wmv.htm

Old 10-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by ddzc

Thanks

Putting a manual switch to the fuel pump is easy enough in our cars too, although you could probably get away with using a manual switch going to the power circuit of the sensor for the chipped keys. Plenty of room in the panels around the steering wheel to hide a small toggle switch. The car would act exactly like it does with a bad key, so they wouldn't even have the gas in the fuel line to get them out of your driveway.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^I like that idea. Now all I need are schematics.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
I need flame throwers for mine, anyone got an idea for that? It also doubles as a roadrage device.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like plenty of flame thrower vendors out there. It looks like they all use unburned exhaust gasses for fuel. I don't know how well the G or any other modern engine could supply the fuel source. You may have to use an auxullary fuel source, propane maybe?
Give Hank a call at Strickland Propane in Arlen, right down the road from Plano. LOL
http://www.hotlicksexhaust.com/