Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed

Well, the stereo is finally in. After reading many threads (here and in many other car stereo forums) this "phase" of my stereo system is complete. Here's what I got:

Eclipse AVN5435 Navigation/DVD/Sirius
Front Stage Speakers: DLS Iridium 6.2 (custom built tweeter pods)
Rear Fill Speakers: DLS 226 Coaxials
Sub: Ascendant Audio Atlas 12" in 4080 box
Amps: Diamond Audio 600.4 (Front) (rear speakers run off H/U)
Diamond Audio 300.2 (Sub)
2 7" Nesa Headrest LCD Monitors
Eclipse 3083 8-Disc CD Changer
Clifford RSX 3.5 LCD/Remote Start
Dynamat/Raamat doors and trunk
Steering Wheels Control retained through PAC interface
Creative Zen Touch MP3 player plays through AUX

Check out my CarDomain page for more pictures.
Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-eclipse5435-1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-eclipsedvd-1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-eclipseeq-1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-eclipsenaviscreenside-1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-headrest-lcd-1.bmp  

Last edited by mcastlejr; 08-26-2005 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Here are the tweeter pods and the trunk:

Attached Thumbnails Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-tweeter-pod1-1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-tweeter-pod2-1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-amp-rack1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-covered-sub-box1.bmp   Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed-uncovered-sub-box-1.bmp  

Old 08-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me or are the pics really small? Looks nice from what I can see....

Old 08-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by BlackonBlackG35
Is it just me or are the pics really small? Looks nice from what I can see....
Now that I look at them, yeah they look small but the software kept telling me to keep the pics under 100kb. If you want to see them a little bigger head over to my cardomain page
Thanks for looking BlackG35, your post on your Pioneer H/U really helped me a lot!

Old 08-26-2005, 07:08 AM
I like it a lot except for those tweeter pods. Everything looks great, I bet it sounds even better.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 AM
wow everything looks great!!!!

-hubble telescope

jk.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Nice equipment. Did you do the whole install at once? I can't imagine how much you spent all together but it's definately nice.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks BlueLoco for making the pictures bigger, you'll have to teach me that trick!

As for the install, yes, I had them put it all together at the same time but I bought the equipment in stages so that the wallet wouldn't feel too light

As for the tweeter pods, as soon as I got the component set and saw the massive tweeters I knew they were not going to fit in the factory location. Having the guys build the pods and placing them in the factory location allowed us to aim them to my liking.

Thanks for the comments guys, the sound is awesome and it will only get better as the speakers play more. However, at the stereo shop, the guys were showing me these ribbon tweeters and they sound SICK! They are like $300 for a set and come in these massive pods/enclosures but bar none you can't be the sound they produce. I know now what I am getting next, whenever that'll be

Old 08-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by mcastlejr
If you want to see them a little bigger head over to my cardomain page
Thanks for looking BlackG35, your post on your Pioneer H/U really helped me a lot!
Ahh much better!! No prob, glad it helped you out..

Old 08-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Looks like your biamping your front components? Are you just using the crossover on the amp? And how are you powering your rears off of the HU? Are there high-level speaker outputs that you hook the speaker wires into?

I'm looking into biamping my fronts with a 4 channel amp and am trying to figure out how to run power from an Alpine HU into my rear speakers.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Yo mcastlejr

How much was just the Head unit with DD conversion.

Can you play DVDs while driving?

Can you post some pics with a movie playing.

Thanks.

Peace. 1.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
How much was just the Head unit with DD conversion.
DD Parts = $410
5435 = 1500 (OTD)

Can you play DVDs while driving?
Yes

Can you post some pics with a movie playing.
Of the 5435? On the pics above there is a video playing on the headrest monitor and I think it only looks better on the AVN. Here's a pic from my cardomain site:

Last edited by mcastlejr; 09-03-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned
ive installed MANY AVN's. that looks like its kinda low?! i usually install them a bit higher, it doesnt rub when the face opens???

im in oc also, come to one of our meets!

also! dont open the face in park, im sure u know this, but make sure youre in neutral or drive...

enjoy it!

also, is yur speed wire hooked up? i see the 17 miles to destination, but not the minutes to destination? does it say "check speed pulse"??

Old 09-03-2005, 12:50 AM
ive installed MANY AVN's. that looks like its kinda low?! i usually install them a bit higher, it doesnt rub when the face opens???
GRider, I have not had a problem with the face yet, there are no rubbing issues at all.

im in oc also, come to one of our meets!
I've tried, but I never seem to have the time, family obligations, you know how that is. I actually was able to make it to the little event that Sound Design in MV had not too long ago but I was only able to stay for a short while. I'll try to make it to the next one since I do want to check out some of the other rides and get some ideas.

also! dont open the face in park, im sure u know this, but make sure youre in neutral or drive...
Roger on that neutral/drive, even though the installer warned me about it the very first time I opened (the next day) I forgot to do it I guess we learn from our mistakes!

enjoy it!
It has been a blast so far, right now I am playing around with different EQ settings to decide which one I like best. I've been also trying to get to know Sirius.

also, is yur speed wire hooked up? i see the 17 miles to destination, but not the minutes to destination? does it say "check speed pulse"??
Yeah, we had a little problem with that, I even lost voice navigation for a few days. Took it back to the shop, they contacted Eclipse, and they determined that the speed pulse signal needed to be amplified since the sensor was not reading it correctly. Everything is working correctly now.

What part of OC are you at?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed