Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Got My Eclipse Stereo Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
K I read from your other thread that the new avn are hard to hack, which I am thinking of getting the 5435. but you just said to ground the parking break. so which is which. Also i just want to thanks for your help, so i need to know before i plunge to get myself the eclipse. Also should i wait till next year for the new eclipse? I have an ipod and I want to hook that up and i read somewhere here that they are aobut to release a new one with ipod interface built to the head unit. Any suggestions??

Tahnks again
for the new eclipses, i was misinformed, i installed a new one and its similar, just ground the parking brake!

ipod interface, i dont know... sry

Old 09-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Thanks for your help, now i just need to locate a good place to pick one up. Any thing else I should get, I know I need a PAC if i want my steering control to work. Do you have the model # and any other parts I need with model # would be of great help. I already know the DD conversion kit that i need. I think the eclipse has a aduio input so I think I can hook my Ipod to that or should I get something else like the cleansweep. Again thanks for your help and suggestion don't know what I would do without the help of fellow g35 owners.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u will need the nissan antenna adapter and the nissan wiring harness, the pac is swi-x

Old 10-08-2005, 08:47 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by mcastlejr
Yes I can but there is a lag of about 1/2 second between pushing the button and system response. A PAC adapter was used but I can't tell you exactly the model number because it is an Eclipse prototype one.
How has this experimental SWI worked out? I remember you posted in the main DD thread that PAC installed a special, new SWI unit that connects directly to the Eclipse AVN5435.

Does this new PAC SWI just plug into an existing connector in the back of the Eclipse AVN5435?

Since it's a straight electrical connection (no IR remote codes), do the factory buttons work exactly as they are marked in the G35? I'm guessing that you can not program them any way you want because there is no "learning" mode? Right?

Old 10-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by _jb
How has this experimental SWI worked out? I remember you posted in the main DD thread that PAC installed a special, new SWI unit that connects directly to the Eclipse AVN5435.

Does this new PAC SWI just plug into an existing connector in the back of the Eclipse AVN5435?

Since it's a straight electrical connection (no IR remote codes), do the factory buttons work exactly as they are marked in the G35? I'm guessing that you can not program them any way you want because there is no "learning" mode? Right?
The steering wheel controls work as marked, except for the lag. The power button is the only that does not work at all. It was not PAC who installed it, but rather the stereo shop that was doing the work. PAC had come in to the store to test fit it and my car was the first to get it. And yes, it just plugs right into the back of the AVN, which I believe has a harness plug for steering wheel controls. As far as programming, I don't know/believe that it can be used in that manner.