Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AVIC-D1 and AVIC-N2 video in motion solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVIC-D1 and AVIC-N2 video in motion solution

I don't think I've seen this here, but I found it over at vwvortex while I was researching the D1 (thinking strongly about getting one). Seems to have been confirmed by some guys over there. Anyway, it's instructions for how to enable video in motion with the D1 and N2 without having to put a switch in for the speed sensor and loose some of the navigation accuracy. Hope it helps some guys here! The link is http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2134369

Here's a quote:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hope this is OK to make a clean post of this, but alot of people are asking about this and the multi-page threads are not so clear. It contains some updated information from the original rec.audio.car post, as well.
Below are instructions on how to bypass the lockouts on the Pioneer AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1. It is real simple, and does not require any complex switches or anything. We figure these are service or testing modes, and were not intended to become public. Our Pioneer guy claims to not know anything about it, but who knows, that may just be a line.

This bypass will do three things:
1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they should be)
2. Make video playback available while driving
3. No more parking brake warning box!!!

AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).

Thats it, all there is to it, and all the lockouts are bypassed. Easy, give it a try.

Oh and BTW I am not responsible if you F**K your **** up.

Last edited by cfulback32; 09-05-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Great find, thanks for passing the info along

Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
someone needs to hack the new eclipse avn5435 and 5495....

pm me if you find that info

Old 09-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cfulback32
I don't think I've seen this here, but I found it over at vwvortex while I was researching the D1 (thinking strongly about getting one). Seems to have been confirmed by some guys over there. Anyway, it's instructions for how to enable video in motion with the D1 and N2 without having to put a switch in for the speed sensor and loose some of the navigation accuracy. Hope it helps some guys here! The link is http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2134369

Here's a quote:

Hope this is OK to make a clean post of this, but alot of people are asking about this and the multi-page threads are not so clear. It contains some updated information from the original rec.audio.car post, as well.
Below are instructions on how to bypass the lockouts on the Pioneer AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1. It is real simple, and does not require any complex switches or anything. We figure these are service or testing modes, and were not intended to become public. Our Pioneer guy claims to not know anything about it, but who knows, that may just be a line.

This bypass will do three things:
1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they should be)
2. Make video playback available while driving
3. No more parking brake warning box!!!

AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).

Thats it, all there is to it, and all the lockouts are bypassed. Easy, give it a try.

Oh and BTW I am not responsible if you F**K your **** up.

If you google this, you will find that there is often flux or something on the solder points and if you don't get it off the solder runs off and shorts something else.

And what would you have to hack on the Eclipse? Doesn't it just use the brake wire?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, yeah, and use of the word "solution" implies there's a problem.

My problem is that now there's one more person driving around watching TV.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can confirm that the AVIC-D1 hack does work.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post