Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

NaviGation By Pass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NaviGation By Pass

One of my co workers has an FX and he paid someone to take off the I agree feature in the beginning when the car starts on his navi and the disable feature of when the car is in movement so he can punch in his destinationi while the car is moving..

Anybody know how that is done? I posted on the maxima forums.. no answer and I'm going to the FX forum to see.. but if someone can let me know..

Thanks!

PS- if this posted in the wrong folder.. my bad.

Old 09-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "I agree" button is a real pain; someone did a long post on it and said it was not worth the work it took; you have to sodder things to the actual nav board which is exteremely risky. It basically hits the "enter" button when you start your car. There's alot of good posts about the movement mod; basically you add a switch that cuts the movement wire.

Old 09-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the schematics for your year NAV, look for the Green with White strip wire called VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor or Vehicle Speed Signal). You can cut it, and cap off the ends or cut it and add a toggle switch in between allowing you to get both flavors.

Do a search though, you'll find even more descriptive posts. The disable Agreement thing is beyond me though...cmon man...its a quick press of one button!

Old 09-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you cut it and cap off the ends your nav will think you are stationery. You have to install a switch or use the trunk switch so you can let the signal through to the nav.