Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy? OEM Nav to DD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I crazy? OEM Nav to DD?

If there was any drawback to my 03 6MT I always thought the Dash was a bit "busy." Then I come on these forums and see some of the amazing Double Din installs and really wish I had something that clean. I have been considering changing over to such a set-up . . . but am I crazy for even thinking this? Will changing from OEM NAV to a Double Din set-up greatly decrease the value of my car? Could I sell the OEM Nav unit to fund the double din set up?

And the final question: Anyone wanna trade

Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeArlo
If there was any drawback to my 03 6MT I always thought the Dash was a bit "busy." Then I come on these forums and see some of the amazing Double Din installs and really wish I had something that clean. I have been considering changing over to such a set-up . . . but am I crazy for even thinking this? Will changing from OEM NAV to a Double Din set-up greatly decrease the value of my car? Could I sell the OEM Nav unit to fund the double din set up?

And the final question: Anyone wanna trade
I don't think anyone would trade their hard work in for OEM, but i bet you could get a bunch of people that would buy your oem nav. It won't pay for the complete set-up but it will contribute to something that you really want.

Just a thought

Old 10-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assuming you put in a full double-din nav it probably won't do anything to the private party value of your car, but it might give you a hit as a trade in (dealers won't like it), but you already spent 2g on a navi; is it really worth 2-3g more for a DD? I would save your money for a new G.