Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now my CD Player won't work!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now my CD Player won't work!

I got the PAC AAI-NIS installed and it's working great but now my CD Player won't work. It tries to read the CD and then says to press eject. I press eject but nothing happens. I can't switch to any other CD or eject any of the CDs. Did my CD Player just die on me? It's worked perfectly since I bought the car and my car's only a few months old.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by AVJunkie
I got the PAC AAI-NIS installed and it's working great but now my CD Player won't work. It tries to read the CD and then says to press eject. I press eject but nothing happens. I can't switch to any other CD or eject any of the CDs. Did my CD Player just die on me? It's worked perfectly since I bought the car and my car's only a few months old.
My CD player started doing the exact same thing as yours. It says press eject but nothing happens. I think the discs are jammed. It was working fine before this. I will have the dealer check it out when I take the car in for service in a couple of weeks..

Old 10-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Anyone else ever have this happen? I'm just wondering if it's something that I can fix myself instead of having to take it to the dealer.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by AVJunkie
Anyone else ever have this happen? I'm just wondering if it's something that I can fix myself instead of having to take it to the dealer.
Sorry to bring an old thread, but the same is happening to me now after installing the Pac AAI-NIS ! I have a scheduled appt tomorrow for my first free service so I'm gonna take advantage of that time and tell the dealer about the POS cd player!

Old 11-07-2005, 01:49 AM
people advise clearing all discs from the changer prior to removing the HU...

Old 11-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by cup0spam
people advise clearing all discs from the changer prior to removing the HU...
Definitely good advice. Unfortunately I had never read that here before installing my PAC. I just dropped off my car to get a new HU installed. They have to send the HU back to Infiniti in order to get my CDs out. Thankfully most of what I had in there were burned copies and not originals. This is a common problem according to my service advisor.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Super super old. Didn't want to start a new one.. but did anyone ever find a fix for this? It just happen to me

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Well, you can get the discs out fairly easily so long as you're not afraid of removing screws.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Would that fix the problem or I would just get the CDs back?

Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM
buddy that video is bs i spent 2 hours taking out my audio unit out after watching that video so i could unjam the cds and u can't remove the actual cd changer from the audio unit in an 06 i dunno about 03 or 05 but an 06 is all one unit u can't take it apart or infiniti wont even sell u a refurblished unit for 400 u have to buy a brand new one for 700 and ontop of that they charge something like 3 or 400 to install it and if u want to put the unit in yourself they make u return ur broken audio unit so they can send it back to get refurbished and re sell

Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Hemsky
buddy that video is bs i spent 2 hours taking out my audio unit out after watching that video so i could unjam the cds and u can't remove the actual cd changer from the audio unit in an 06 i dunno about 03 or 05 but an 06 is all one unit u can't take it apart or infiniti wont even sell u a refurblished unit for 400 u have to buy a brand new one for 700 and ontop of that they charge something like 3 or 400 to install it and if u want to put the unit in yourself they make u return ur broken audio unit so they can send it back to get refurbished and re sell
Having made that video myself, I can assure you it's not BS. That video is an '06 headunit, and I did it to an '05 before. It might not fix a cd changer that's bad (that's not the point of the video), it's to get your discs out without any further damage to the radio.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
theres not much room to put the pac in that space recommended without crunching up the wires, put mine outside on the passenger between the carpet and stereo. no problems.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM
nno bro i took my 06 head unit out how to i get the cd player changer out u have to rip the plastic band that connects the the display screen like u can't take it apart bro i even called infiniti wanna make another video cuz i really would ilk ego unjam my cd player myself instead of paying the dealer 425 for a refurbished that'll probably jam again...

Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Hemsky
nno bro i took my 06 head unit out how to i get the cd player changer out u have to rip the plastic band that connects the the display screen like u can't take it apart bro i even called infiniti wanna make another video cuz i really would ilk ego unjam my cd player myself instead of paying the dealer 425 for a refurbished that'll probably jam again...

Just replace it. That's the preferred method of fixing any of the many, many things that go wrong with the stock radio.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same thing just happened to me... ugh...

edit: it's working now. not sure how/why. i did bang it several times with my fist, but I don't think that did it. my suspicion is that the outside temp cooled a bit and it restored fine.

Last edited by jmcohen23; 09-24-2012 at 11:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Now my CD Player won't work!