Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Now my CD Player won't work!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Well, you can get the discs out fairly easily so long as you're not afraid of removing screws.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XcRTHBOA6Y
This was a bitch, I couldn't put back one of the springs! i said screw it.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hemsky
nno bro i took my 06 head unit out how to i get the cd player changer out u have to rip the plastic band that connects the the display screen like u can't take it apart bro i even called infiniti wanna make another video cuz i really would ilk ego unjam my cd player myself instead of paying the dealer 425 for a refurbished that'll probably jam again...
The plastic band comes out of the housing! I have an 06 that I opened hoping it had jammed cd's in it, but nope. i've only had the car for a week, so I'm cancelling out options into why its not working.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Well, you can get the discs out fairly easily so long as you're not afraid of removing screws.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XcRTHBOA6Y
So I'm not sure u can help but its worth a shot. I just bought an 06 g35 sedan and noticed the cd player wasn't working, so I gutted it thinking it had 7 disc and jammed, once it was opened it was empty, but people have been saying once they install there aux cords throught sat button, or radio that they started having issues. Well they all come from removing the negative from the battery because I spoke to previous owner and he said it quit working on him when he changed the cd player!!! Any other ideas u have have? I checked the fuse by battery and still was good unless theirs another i dk about.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by GEE35FX
My CD player started doing the exact same thing as yours. It says press eject but nothing happens. I think the discs are jammed. It was working fine before this. I will have the dealer check it out when I take the car in for service in a couple of weeks..
Hello, I just signed up and read everything on this thread. (2006 Coupe G35 is what I have.) This is the exactly the same thing that happen to me. The thing is it happened to me when I started my car. I came home from work, jamming out and probably 3 hours later went somewhere. As soon as I turned on my car my CD'S didn't want to play then all of a sudden I smelled a scent of burning wires. It was a PRI-ty strong scent. I can't eject my CDs and of course they don't play.

What I want to do is fix it myself and know if anyone else smelled the burning scent of wires. Could it just be that wires burned out or was just the whole "OEM Bose 6 CD player?"