Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I am so lost with this install.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so lost with this install.........

this is a nightmare. parts finally all came in to replace the factory HU with an aftermarket unit. i got the alpine 9855, peripheral SVEN4, xm interface for the alpine and the xm unit, along with all the wires and everything. after 7 Hrs at the shop last night, no sound and no recognition of the xm equipment. the sven allows rca input with wired output into the factory harness. does this work? ive heard that it has to be speaker level in and out to the factory out. but the LOC says that the RCA output has to be 4V, which the alpine is. and that still leaves me with the xm dilemma. any help would be greatly appreciated........

Doc

Old 10-19-2005, 12:00 PM
sounds like u got this install at a shop? bring it back to the shop and have them fix it.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
my fear is that he doesnt know how. he's coming to the office now to pick it up, so i guess we'll see.......

Old 10-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you keeping the stock bose amp and speakers?

Old 10-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by amthar
are you keeping the stock bose amp and speakers?
yeah

Old 10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Can I ask you why you're keeping the stock amp and speakers? In my opinion, those are the two weakest components of the Bose audio system. If you're paying for someone to do it and you're indeed a doctor, money shouldn't be an issue. Upgrading the HU is great but look what you're powering, crappy Bose cardboard speakers with an amp the size of a mouse pad.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Espresso
Can I ask you why you're keeping the stock amp and speakers? In my opinion, those are the two weakest components of the Bose audio system. If you're paying for someone to do it and you're indeed a doctor, money shouldn't be an issue. Upgrading the HU is great but look what you're powering, crappy Bose cardboard speakers with an amp the size of a mouse pad.
I agree. It'll still sound like crap.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, that amp is at least the size of a Tom Clancy paperback : )

Old 10-20-2005, 12:37 AM
get rid of the peripheral SVEN4, thats most likely your problem. you dont need the it to add your deck, you can just wire up a harness as long as you connect your remote turn on for the bose amp. I had mine like that for a year. And yes, eventually get rid of the factory amp and speakers and upgade.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 AM
No adaptors are needed. Two ways it can be simply done...either splice Male RCA leads to your factory speakers and plug into the preouts of the new HU, or the even simplier way..spring for the Metra 70-7551 which already has this done.

The Bose HU sends a flat signal only. The amp does the processing/amplification.

Although I agree the Bose may sound horrible, some people like that. To each theyre own. But just because he may be a Dr. and "can afford it" doesnt mean he "has" to change it.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoever said he was a doctor??? And that Tom Clancy analogy is hilarious el duderino!

Old 10-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Whoever said he was a doctor??? And that Tom Clancy analogy is hilarious el duderino!
A few posts up...

Originally Posted by Espresso
Can I ask you why you're keeping the stock amp and speakers? In my opinion, those are the two weakest components of the Bose audio system. If you're paying for someone to do it and you're indeed a doctor, money shouldn't be an issue. Upgrading the HU is great but look what you're powering, crappy Bose cardboard speakers with an amp the size of a mouse pad.!

Old 10-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know, I was directing it towards the person who assumed it, the one your quoting. Screen names don't mean jack....

Old 10-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What if your screenname is Jack?

Old 10-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Pearl05G
Although I agree the Bose may sound horrible, some people like that. To each theyre own. But just because he may be a Dr. and "can afford it" doesnt mean he "has" to change it.
Some people don't notice how bad the Bose speakers sounds if they have nothing to compare it to. He's taking steps in upgrading his sound system but I think he missed a step by not upgrading the speakers/amp first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am so lost with this install.........