Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Audio customization gone BAD - Please help -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI the power harness for the head unit on both the 350z and the G35 are the same. I have both cars. I also have the service manual for the G35. I've tried to look into it for wire colors but I am lost and can't find it. I was hoping someone from this thread could provide me with :

1. The correct color for the accessory power wire (I'm 90% sure it's the red wire)
2. Why the power is dropping at an accellerated rate on only the switched power wire.

Old 11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Sorry - didn't know that for sure.

Anyway, isn't the PDF I attached above what you are looking for?

Here's the wire list for the BOSE unit. I don't understand what you are looking for - this is all I got though to help you.

According to the service manual, for a 2004 G35 coupe, at the back of the Bose headunit, you are 100% WRONG about the wire color.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BoseG35WireList.pdf (24.2 KB, 355 views)
Old 11-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Interesting... I appreciate your help so far. When I get home tonite I will take a look, maybe I was metering the wrong wire due to being stressed and tired. If thats the case, and the radio still doesn't work. Would it be possible that I fried the radio somehow? I find that hard to believe, but anythings possible.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
now things are starting to make sence. thats why i asked if the radio was stock or aftermarket in the beggining because on aftermarket the acc is red but not usually stock. on the 05 im doing right now the constant 12v is the thick yellow and the acc is GREY. look for the grey wire in the harness.

also did you remove all the added on wires from the harness or just unplug the units? if you just unplugged them the 5v step down could still mess with it. sorry if you allready said this but i forget.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
You guys are going to laugh/hate me. I came home tonite w/ a clear head and you are right, the 12v acc wire is grey. I then plugged in the stereo and it still didn't power up. I then noticed a little spark at the bottom of the radio where the metal met the dash. It then powered up! It was then I realized that it uses the chassis to ground! The unit has to actually be installed to work.

How embarrasing. I hope if someone else runs into this issue that they find this post and figure it out.

Thanks alot guys.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
just glad you got it to work. when something like that goes wrong, you begin to wonder why you ever started the project to begin with... it all works out in the end!

Old 11-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by arrivalanche
now things are starting to make sence. thats why i asked if the radio was stock or aftermarket in the beggining because on aftermarket the acc is red but not usually stock. on the 05 im doing right now the constant 12v is the thick yellow and the acc is GREY. look for the grey wire in the harness.
the grey wire youre talking about, is this the wire from the harness attached to the HU or the bose amp?

Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by cRai6ory
the grey wire youre talking about, is this the wire from the harness attached to the HU or the bose amp?
the radio