Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

MY NEW stereo. Pics and description!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
by sound i meant quality and volume...but the quality is much better when you are not running your system through such a blose head unit

Old 11-18-2005, 02:19 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Did you ever think about getting one of the Zen Enclosures? They are pretty much the same as your box except flush

Old 11-18-2005, 04:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow very nice. Too bad im into the speed thing so i dont wanna waiste my money on the system aspect of the car. But too bad imma have to do it regardless.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:52 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
How is the sound without the rear deck speakers? I'm still trying to decide if I want to remove them or not and if I'll noticeably miss them.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Did you ever think about getting one of the Zen Enclosures? They are pretty much the same as your box except flush
Flush to which part of the trunk? Got a pic?

Old 11-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
by sound i meant quality and volume...but the quality is much better when you are not running your system through such a blose head unit
I've got the volume part covered. I found that the gain on the amp was set WAY down. So a little adjustment gave me the volume from the mids and highs that I was looking for.

As for overall sound quality I have basically gotten it as far as I am willing to go for the money. The Diamond Audio 661s are wonderful speaker with beautiful sound. But, in order to squeeze maybe a 10% increase in sound quality this would require swapping head units. Now, I could do it, but this gets expensive. If you just put a regular head unit in the car it looks awkward. The stock look is sleek and integrated, whereas a normal head unit would detract from this look. So you have to go for a head unit that is larger with a touch screen. This gets very expensive, but looks fine.

Essentially I didn't think it was cost effective to drop another $1300 for a 10% increase in sound quality.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by RashMan1450
wow very nice. Too bad im into the speed thing so i dont wanna waiste my money on the system aspect of the car. But too bad imma have to do it regardless.
I usually go for speed mods first myself, but for some reason I got the audio itch this time around!

Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moog
How is the sound without the rear deck speakers? I'm still trying to decide if I want to remove them or not and if I'll noticeably miss them.
Well, the audio obsessed will say that you create a much better sound stage by not having the rear speakers. But, I find it is a matter of personal preference. There is no reason to remove them if you don't have a sub.

But once you do get a sub you will notice a slight drop in rear fill. I am sure it is MUCH more noticeable if you are sitting in the back. But I have yet to listen to it like that.

I am considering putting in some diamond audio coaxial 6x9s in the rear deck to get all the fill I could ever want. But right now it really isn't high on my priority list at all.

If you ever want to listen to my setup I'd be happy to do it. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'll be back Sunday. Let me know!

Old 11-18-2005, 02:38 PM
i.love.gold
Yeah maybe next week sometime. I'm scheduled to have Earmark install my amps next Saturday, so I need to decide if I want them removed or not.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Smile Personal Preference

Moog - GF's right - it's a matter of what YOU prefer. I've competed in both USAC & IASCA & even within those ranks there were certain judges who felt rear fill was necessary & others that deducted points for "dragging the soundstage backward". Personally, I like just a little bit of rear fill to better emulate the reflected sound that U have at a live concert. I just keep the gain on that amp down. I'm using Focal Utopia 6.5" coaxials in my system right now ( in the rear seat OEM locations ) but I like Diamond Audio ( especially the "HEX" series over the "M" series ) as well.
BTW - didja get those pics of my custom spare yesterday?

Last edited by MeanGene; 11-18-2005 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Add Info
Old 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
i.love.gold
Yeah I got the pics, I'll post em up for you tonight.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Moog
Yeah maybe next week sometime. I'm scheduled to have Earmark install my amps next Saturday, so I need to decide if I want them removed or not.
Was in Houston over the weekend and am leaving to New Mexico on Wednesday for the holiday.

Should be back on Sunday or so...

Old 11-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Had this now for a year and all is well. Only 2 minor issues.

1. Had to have new RC cables because one went bad
2. The Amp does NOT mount well against the back of the seat. The screws can't hold it in and it keeps falling off onto the back of the enclosure.

Any advice for problem #2? I have had an installer re-drill. That worked for all of 2 weeks, lol

Old 11-26-2006, 06:31 PM
The Amp mount against the back of the seat.

That backseat board is too thin to hold heavy amp.
You need somehow to mount it against the backseat frame.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:05 PM
the install is awesome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY NEW stereo. Pics and description!