Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Does the Bose stereo problem still exist in 2006 models?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amthar
from my understanding the front and rear speakers are different ohms, which makes getting an inexpensive 4 channel amp capable of different ohms on different channels very difficult. Beyond that, you will need an amp that accepted differential-balanced inputs, or get a LOC that adapts this signal to a standard single-ended signal.

I'm warning you, your happiness with your sound system sans stock bose amp and plus an aftermarket amp will be very low. I ran my car like this for about 2 weeks and it was the worst experience of my life. But, this is just my opinion, and apparently people with "better tuned ears" (that's one hell of an equalizer ) hear otherwise.

Sorry, Now I'm a little bit confused. I believe from another post someone had actually measure the ohm of the G coupe with BOSE and confirm the voltage to speakers were 2.2 ohm stable. No to doubting you but I'm simply confused.

From your post I'm taking the only way to get some real improvement is to get a 4 channel amp that's capable of pumping out power at 2 ohm stable to either the BOSE speaker or the 2 ohm infinity speaker. Am I correct? Anyone?

Old 11-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by m500
Sorry, Now I'm a little bit confused. I believe from another post someone had actually measure the ohm of the G coupe with BOSE and confirm the voltage to speakers were 2.2 ohm stable. No to doubting you but I'm simply confused.
I don't know. I thought I remembered someone saying that some of the speakers were not 2 ohms- that they were 4 ohms or something. The front tweeter and woofer are wired in parallel to a single output channel from the Bose amp while the rest of the speakers each have their own channel. Unless Bose made the impedance higher for the front tweeter and woofer, their load is going to appear lower than the rest of the speakers in the car because they are wired in parallel to the amp. I haven't measured anything though, so I don't know what shinanigans Bose has played.

From your post I'm taking the only way to get some real improvement is to get a 4 channel amp that's capable of pumping out power at 2 ohm stable to either the BOSE speaker or the 2 ohm infinity speaker.
No, I'm simply explaining some things that have to be considered. By reading your posts you seem rather dead-set on doing an inexpensive equipment replacement for your system upgrade. I am simply helping you through that. If you are interested in "real improvement" in your system's performance, that's an entirely different discussion.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I believe front speaks are 4 ohm. el_duderino tested mine but I can't find my install thread. I'll have time to look later.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
hey guys,

I'm back but my G is now in the the garage while it snows here in Ohio........for those who remember, I moved from hawaii to Ohio...

I'm sooooooooooooo happy to see that there have been *significant* improvements in the quality of Nissan/Bose components since 2003.... lol
(sarcastic of course!!!)

Seriously, you would think Infiniti Customer Service would listen to its consumers and make the upgrade for the poor quality Bose or non-Bose systems......I wonder how many years Infiniti is locked into their contract with Bose......

later,
doc

Old 11-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
My other BOSE system car is my Wife's ML500. It had the Alpine Command system with Nav as MB OEM head unit. The clarity from these BOSE speaker is way superior then the G. No boomiest at all in the MB. Sounds like the speaker is effected by the nature/EQ of the Headunit.

Anyone BOSE equipped G replace the stock HU with aftermarket in their G with dramatic change in sound quality?
If your goal is to improve sound q then there is no benefit to a hu change leaving the back end unchanged.

In fact many do the exact opposite with great results.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:06 PM
hmm...i have 02 maxima w/ bose...(drove that for 3 years and got my G)
i am so used to this system that i dont feel too bad about it...;
is harman-kardon(bmw sound system) better than bose?

Old 11-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Banned
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA60.7CS'&Ser=KAP&Cat=COS

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA50.7CS'&Ser=KAP&Cat=COS
Nice speakers - but again I'm suspect as to how much of a diffrerence just changing the speakers is going to make. I would assume some difference, but I would believe that I would have to remove the amp also to make a drastic improvement - which sounds possible considering the signal coming out of the head unit is flat.

Anyone just replace the BOSE junk speakers - results...?

Old 11-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I think the the Bose sounds fine in the G but it's definitely not worth the extra money they charge to upgrade from the base system. The only reason I got it was because it was included in the premium package. Actually I only wanted the homelink mirror and that was the only way to get it at the time.
If you want it to sound better, get the PAC AOEM-NIS2, and plug in your own EQ & Amp and you can customize the sound to your liking. I got the PAC AOEM-NIS2 for my subs. This thing plugs straight into the back of the bose head unit & has front & rear outputs w/ gain control & remote line for the amp. Much better than splicing into the speaker wires with other line out converters. Sells for less than $50 on ebay. I would probably change the speakers out too because the Bose speakers are designed for "bose" music (i.e. acoustic, classical, soft, etc.). Not rock, rap, or techno.

Last edited by timbo; 11-22-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do any of you who have an 06 have the same equalizer glitch that if im not mistaken 05's have, its when you change all settings to + 5 and then if you turn off the car or leave the stereo off for a long time and then turn it on again everything resets....ive been wondering this for a loooooooong time

Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 PM
No highs...
No lows...
It must be Bose!

Old 12-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by AVJunkie
He's not getting nasty, just stating fact. All Bose systems suck. There's nothing wrong with the G35 Bose system that isn't also wrong in every other Bose audio system.
+1 on that. Hey anyone know where to get a JL Audio Cleansweep CL441DSP? i think thats the way to go with oem head unit right? RX

Old 01-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Do some searches here on the Cleansweep. It's way overkill on the G. Not needed at all.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by el_duderino
What issue, that all Bose systems suck? In the last two days at my shop I've gotten calls from former Lexus owners who bought Mercedes with Bose, and wanted to upgrade their stereo to be as good as the Lexus.

Would you classify this as a launch problem, or a design problem?

Val Kilmer, Real Genius
Yeah, the Mark Levinson (sp?) sound system is pretty good for a stock system. Major upgrade over our system. I never thought I would use DVD-Audio, but it sounds awesome in my wife's Lexus.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Its not the worst, not the greatest. Simple as that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does the Bose stereo problem still exist in 2006 models?