Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Does the Bose stereo problem still exist in 2006 models?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the Bose stereo problem still exist in 2006 models?

Hey guys, I'm about to get into a new 2006 6MT coupe in the next month or so. I've heard everyone complain about the Bose system and how horrible it is, and I wanted to ask anyone out there with the new 2006s with the Bose system or anyone who could shed some light on the issue.

So here's my question:
Does the 2006 Bose stereo suffer from the problems that plagued the old Bose systems in 2003~2005 models?

Thanks guys!

Jason

Old 11-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
sounds like you've already cheched things out...
nothing has changed for '06.

....basically lousy speakers & amp

Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the quick reply integr8r, I'm disappointed that Bose and Clarion havn't resolved this issue yet. I had a Bose system in my '97 Maxima and it worked flawlessly, and I was actually looking forward to getting the bose system in my new G35.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What issue, that all Bose systems suck? In the last two days at my shop I've gotten calls from former Lexus owners who bought Mercedes with Bose, and wanted to upgrade their stereo to be as good as the Lexus.

Would you classify this as a launch problem, or a design problem?

Val Kilmer, Real Genius

Old 11-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by el_duderino
What issue, that all Bose systems suck? In the last two days at my shop I've gotten calls from former Lexus owners who bought Mercedes with Bose, and wanted to upgrade their stereo to be as good as the Lexus.
Take it easy man, I was just asking a question, no need to get nasty.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by jasonkim
Take it easy man, I was just asking a question, no need to get nasty.
He's not getting nasty, just stating fact. All Bose systems suck. There's nothing wrong with the G35 Bose system that isn't also wrong in every other Bose audio system.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm just a little pissed off right now, didn't mean for it to spill over onto the forums. Haha...

Old 11-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted this elsewhere, but Infinity makes both a 6.5" component and a 6.5" coax that are direct bolt ins for Bose equipped cars. The speakers even have a 2 ohm impedance so that volume level will not be affected like it is when adding 4 ohm speakers to a Bose system.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jasonkim
Hey guys, I'm about to get into a new 2006 6MT coupe in the next month or so. I've heard everyone complain about the Bose system and how horrible it is, and I wanted to ask anyone out there with the new 2006s with the Bose system or anyone who could shed some light on the issue.

So here's my question:
Does the 2006 Bose stereo suffer from the problems that plagued the old Bose systems in 2003~2005 models?

Thanks guys!

Jason
I actually have the non-bose in my car and recently had the Bose in a loaner. I personally do not like the way the bose sounds. Too boomy. My non-bose sounds A LOT BETTER, than the Bose.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dunno about all that... considering you have the exact same speakers in your non-bose G as a bose G would have. In the end, it's still coming out the crappy speakers. The "nice" thing about the Bose system is that they EQ their output to "enhance" these crappy paper POS. I guess if you didn't like the sound, that's one thing. But as far as quality in a system, I'd still have to give the ribbon to Bose over a non-bose stock G system.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:32 AM
personally I was fairly impressed with the bose system after reading what everyone had said about it. I thought the system was gonna have to be upgraded the day I bought the car. I think the speakers have potential, but the headunit does lack some power.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Another couple of questions guys, the options I'm planning on purchasing are the Premium Package, Navigation, and the XM radio. Now the Bose system is included with the Premium Package, is it possible for an Infiniti dealer to pull a Bose system out and put in the standard stereo system? If a navigation system is also installed does it require the Bose system?

I found that when I go to outfit the car on the website I can't choose the Navigation without first selecting the Premium Package. Can someone explain to me how the Bose system and the Navigation system interface with each other? Or if they even interface at all?

I was planning on just pulling the Bose out and sticking in the new AVCI-Z1 from Pioneer when it came out sometime next year. I appreciate all the help guys.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Interesting feedback from all of you, it's definitely helping me make a more informed decision before I buy this car.

Last edited by jasonkim; 11-21-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:01 AM
BOSE system in Mercedes M class is powered by Apline HeadUnit

My other BOSE system car is my Wife's ML500. It had the Alpine Command system with Nav as MB OEM head unit. The clarity from these BOSE speaker is way superior then the G. No boomiest at all in the MB. Sounds like the speaker is effected by the nature/EQ of the Headunit.

Anyone BOSE equipped G replace the stock HU with aftermarket in their G with dramatic change in sound quality?

Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
jmX
I just bought a 2006 and while I've never heard an 05 or earlier, I'm at 90 miles now and the whole bose system is ripped out. It was pretty bad for the type of music I listen to (electronic dance music), but maybe it'd be acceptable if you like christian soft rock....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does the Bose stereo problem still exist in 2006 models?