Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start all a sudden wont start car! Someone Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start all a sudden wont start car! Someone Please help!

Hey guys have a Viper 791 XV. Installed a while back and never has any issues. last night before i was leving, i pushed the remote start: It attempted to start car, meaning it turned over but just before actually kicking in to complete start, it stops and my car ends up not starting. I have done nothing whatsoever to anything that may have caused this. I had just recently started maybe 1 hour earlier and no problem. The weather is nice not cold out down here in Fort Lauderdale and in fact when i regular start the car with key, it starts right up with no hesitation. It almost seems like the alarm could use a little more time turning over perhaps half second. Can someone here help????????? Please i use the feature all the time. Its not under warranty because i had the guy come over my house since its a manual drive. I am assuming the larm unit has a *** of such kind that i can increase the amount of "engine to turn over" in order to get it to start. anyone with knowlege please help thanks RX

Also i will say that i have changed no settings or anything like that to the alarm or anything on the as a matter of fact cause it worked minutes to an hour before. its worked for 2 years on my G35 flawlessly and all of a sudden last night it just didnt start the car. I was thinking it at first it was the "service turn off switch" just in case the mechanics hit the buttons and takes off on them (its a manual G35) but when i flipped the switch it just would allow the start engine to initiate so thats not it, i also tried pushing in the clutch prior to engine start attempt thinking it was the wire leading to the clutch and nothing. Lastly i'm now thinking it could be a fuse just for the remote sart but i really have no idea where that would be. I am positive someone here can help me. thanks again RX

Last edited by imRACERX; 01-01-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The start unit is SUPPOSED to be conneccted to a "tach" wire that reflects engine RPM. If the unit is not cranking long enough, it's either because the tach wire is the wrong one, the tach programming needs to be repeated, or it was not used at all by a lazy/underpaid installer and was set to a timer mode, which is not always appropriate.

If that loser put a remote start in a manual, that doesn't mean that his work isn't warrantied against failures. Get him to fix it.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:04 PM
You might also check the transponder, if for some reason it moved a little that might be the cause, just hard to say without seeing it

Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by SLVRG35
You might also check the transponder, if for some reason it moved a little that might be the cause, just hard to say without seeing it
Tansponder? how does moving the remote a little bit matter ? Maybe i dont know what the responder is but i thought it was the remote. If you mean the actuall black unit box under the dash or where ever he installed then i still dont know what moving it a little means. please ezplain. thanks RX

Old 01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Question

Originally Posted by el_duderino
The start unit is SUPPOSED to be conneccted to a "tach" wire that reflects engine RPM. If the unit is not cranking long enough, it's either because the tach wire is the wrong one, the tach programming needs to be repeated, or it was not used at all by a lazy/underpaid installer and was set to a timer mode, which is not always appropriate.

If that loser put a remote start in a manual, that doesn't mean that his work isn't warrantied against failures. Get him to fix it.
Hey thanks for the response but allthough the guy would definately fix it if i drive 350 miles noirth to Gainesville. I just thought i could fix it myself with your guys help. Its not the wrong tack wire cause it has worked for 2 years every day or so and just used it 1 hour prior to not working with no problems.

Now when you say Tach proggramming having to be repeated well then maybe i guess. how do i do that? and is there a way to have the starte crank LONGER to get it to start? The timer mode, i have no idea

Also, when i try to remote start it and off course it doesnt work, and i immediately disengage the remote starte (because it will reattempt to start the car)and then immediatelytry to start the car WITH MY KEY, well it just keeps turning over for ever but doesnt start. what i have to do is pull the key out for at least 6-8 seconds thern retry the key and starts up instantly
this is strange. there has to be a quick solution here.

How do i try tach programming? thanks again RX

Old 01-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by imRACERX
Tansponder? how does moving the remote a little bit matter ? Maybe i dont know what the responder is but i thought it was the remote. If you mean the actuall black unit box under the dash or where ever he installed then i still dont know what moving it a little means. please ezplain. thanks RX
Actually i was meaning the loop that goes around the ignition that communicates with the transponder in the key. Some are a kinda tricky and if not positioned just right it won't let the car start. You should've had to use an extra key for the remote start. the extra key goes inside the bypass unit and the loop comes from the bypass and around the ignition, tricking it into thinking a key is in the ignition.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Smile

Actually i was meaning the loop that goes around the ignition that communicates with the transponder in the key. Some are a kinda tricky and if not positioned just right it won't let the car start. You should've had to use an extra key for the remote start. the extra key goes inside the bypass unit and the loop comes from the bypass and around the ignition, tricking it into thinking a key is in the ignition.
oh hey I think that might be cause a few days ago i saw the clear ring popping out a bit and i just pushed it in with my fingers, however i have started it since but i will take a look smart smart smart!
thanks RX

Old 01-01-2006, 08:45 PM
THAT WAS IT! its a tight fit in there. took me a few times to get it right. because too far in and it wont work, i guess its too far. anyway thanks. I know i have Rstarted after having pushed the ring in but it n=must have just slid back in time too much. RX