Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

o5 w/smartkey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty much anything DEI that suits your needs. www.directed.com

I also advise you to purchase the unit from the dealer that will be installing it.

If he has any problems lemme know via PM/email and Ill let you know how to get around the it.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:51 PM
pp7
Thanks alot for your help. One more question. When you start the car with remote start does it also turn on the electrics of the car such as cd player, headlights etc, or do you have to turn the key next to the steering wheel to do that? Can you also turn the car off using the remote start kit?

Old 01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned
thanx for shedding light on this subject. yoiu guys are awesome. i hope i get it installed by this weekend.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by pp7
Thanks alot for your help. One more question. When you start the car with remote start does it also turn on the electrics of the car such as cd player, headlights etc, or do you have to turn the key next to the steering wheel to do that? Can you also turn the car off using the remote start kit?

Yes

and

Yes

Old 01-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by killerlexus
thanx for shedding light on this subject. yoiu guys are awesome. i hope i get it installed by this weekend.
Thats what we're here for.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:12 PM
pp7
Hey guys, was browsing the web the other day and decided to look for other alternative remote starters and came across services that can do it via satellite. However, it is quite expensive and you have to pay a monthly service charge but some packages come with gps tracking if your car is stolen, remote gps unlocking, unauthorised movement alert etc. The bad thing about the remote start feature is that they say it can take up to 2 minutes for the remote start request (via cellphone or internet) to go up to their satellite and back down to your car. Another alternative is a cellpager remote starter where you have a cellpager hooked up to your remote starter in your car and you simply call it up, punch in a code and BAM your car engine starts. This is the one which very much attracts me because it beats having to carry a big remote starter key in your pocket and in my case the intelligent key as well and the range is pretty much unlimited. Anyway here are some links. Guidepoint Systems and The Witness are the expensive gps versions and Hunterpro and Derand (which doesn't cover the usa just yet for cellpager remote) are the ones doing remote starters via cellpager.

http://www.derand.com/AboutUs.html
http://guidepointsystems.com/index.html
http://www.thewitness.net/features.htm
http://www.hunterpro.com/Alarm/Cellpager.html

Old 01-13-2006, 03:32 PM
They are usually quite expensive and give you little or no security coverage with the exception of a starter interupt and of course stolen car recovery. Also with most of these systems there are yearly/monthly/etc fees required Or like DEI "per use" packages.

I typically stock the Clifford/Viper/Automate or Angeltrax systems. All of which work well, but I always recommend an alarm to accompany them.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:03 AM
Banned
which wire do i connect the "2nd status/rear defogger-latched/pulse" wire to on my 05'sedan?
and also where do i connect "tahcnometer in put wire"
only trying to hook up autostart useing viper 791xv.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:22 AM
pp7
Hey Pearl05G I have a question for you. I am thinking of doing my own remote start project where I can remote start the car using a gsm cell phone. How would I be able to connect something external to the remote starter so that when the remote starter receives a signal from my module it will start the car? Is there a standard external interface that some remote starters have?

Old 01-26-2006, 02:11 AM
KIller, shoot me a PM and Ill recheck both wire colors/locations.

pp7 theres a few GPS units that will do remote start via web or cellphone. Ill double check on a few as DEI stopped linking their ESP2 systems to the GPS units.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:41 PM
pp7
I'm aware that there are companies that can remote start via cellphone. However, as you say they are very expensive and after speaking to them they say that it can take up to 2 minutes for the remote start message to actually reach your car. Can you tell me anything about how I can connect an external device to a remote starter to get the car to start when it receives a pulse or something? I was thinking also that I could open the actual remote for the starter and connect my module to the buttons inside to control it and have them both hidden in the dash somewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.