Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

What to do with old "system"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do with old "system"?

When I bought my G (with premium Bose), I sold a crappy old Pontiac Grand Am. Before I sold the Grand Am, I pulled my old system out and reinstalled all the old stock stuff. Here's what I have:

Pioneer DEH-P940MP (purchased March 03)
Rockford Fosgate H16005 Power 600.5 Amp (50x4 RMS into 4-Ohm speakers + 200 RMS into the 2-ohm load provided by the DVC sub) (purchased July 02)
Alpine SWR-1221D (or something very similar) Sub (purchased July 02) in a Q-Logic Single 12" Hatch/Trunk Box -Volume = 0.85 cubic ft. (Also purchased July 02)
...and I left my Kappas in the car because I was lazy...

Basically, I'd like to hear what y'all would do with this stuff: would you be inclined to keep it, what would you upgrade and why?

I'm curious whether the amp would work with the stock speakers, or if I should buy new ones. Do you think the Pioneer HU might just be too old-school? I'm inclined to keep the factory HU except the Pioneer HU has a 15-band EQ built in. Also, another thing that would make me hesitate to replace the HU is that my single-din is a single-disc player. It plays MP3s, but only 1 disc at a time.

What kind of cost can I expect if I just take the amp, sub, HU to a local installer and say "Put this stuff in here."? What other considerations should I be making here?

Finally, should I just sell all this old stuff on eBay and buy new stuff?

I'm just looking for cleaner, slightly louder sound with well-defined bass. I just keep feeling like the Bose system is pretty weak in my G.

Thanks for your input!

JoshNjuice

Old 01-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
i pulled my system out of my prelude. but ended up puting nothing in the G, actually i bought all new stuff this past week. I guess i'll end up trying to sell the stuff i have no sense in keep an extra system around.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Dood if you have a 5 channel amp and you don't want to spend big BUX then just use the 5 channel amp for the stock speakers and sub.

if you want to upgrade then get a Double Din HU like the Eclipse AVN-5435 or the AVIC-D1, New speakers (DLS or Focals) and i don't know about those subs but should be good.

GL just my humble opinion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.