G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   Dont buy MB Quarts (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/83456-dont-buy-mb-quarts.html)

etang789 01-27-2006 03:53 PM

yea he told me about it in one of the post, but i dunno the result of that so im kinda scarded to do so...might as well sell the mb quart and buy edi6500s or dls up6

AVJunkie 01-28-2006 01:44 PM

There are many people who don't care for the sound of MB Quarts, myself included. That doesn't make them bad speakers since we all have different tastes and hear things differently. Since you don't like them, take them out and get something else. I'd recommend something with a silk dome tweeter.

The ID10 is a good subwoofer for the $. Pick up a mono amp to power it with around 250w+ and I think you'll be happy.

etang789 01-29-2006 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by AVJunkie
There are many people who don't care for the sound of MB Quarts, myself included. That doesn't make them bad speakers since we all have different tastes and hear things differently. Since you don't like them, take them out and get something else. I'd recommend something with a silk dome tweeter.

The ID10 is a good subwoofer for the $. Pick up a mono amp to power it with around 250w+ and I think you'll be happy.

Do u have any specific silk dome tweeter component speakers to suggest?

AVJunkie 01-29-2006 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by etang789
Do u have any specific silk dome tweeter component speakers to suggest?

There are a lot of them to choose from. Personally, I love my CDTs. I have the CDT ef-61cfi/24 comp set and they're great speakers. Like a lot of other comp sets, you'll need to give them at least 100w/ch to get the best sound out of them. A few others on here have the same comp set. Here's a pic of them installed:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...mpsInstall.jpg

el_duderino 01-29-2006 03:36 PM

D-l-s! D-l-s! :)

netwireless 01-29-2006 08:17 PM

AVJunkie, I ordered the CDT speakers a couple of days ago and can't wait to recieve them. As for the amp, I am going with the JL Audio 450/4 so I can get ~150W to these comps. Have you installed your amp? Is 150W overkill, or definitely needed? I would rather go with a lower cost amp, but I am worried these won't sound as good?

BTW, sorry el_duderino, but hopefully soon I'll be saying "C-D-Ts C-D-Ts"... ;-)

AVJunkie 01-29-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by netwireless
AVJunkie, I ordered the CDT speakers a couple of days ago and can't wait to recieve them. As for the amp, I am going with the JL Audio 450/4 so I can get ~150W to these comps. Have you installed your amp? Is 150W overkill, or definitely needed? I would rather go with a lower cost amp, but I am worried these won't sound as good?

BTW, sorry el_duderino, but hopefully soon I'll be saying "C-D-Ts C-D-Ts"... ;-)

You'll love 'em! 150w will be great for them. That's what I'll be pushing mine with. Probably won't install my amps and subwoofer until Spring. :( Just too busy with other stuff.

htn 01-30-2006 12:18 AM

sorry to jump in with a question,,,,,,,, how is jl audio xr650-csi,,,,,,,price is reasonable? and of course it go along wwith great jl amps

el_duderino 01-30-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by htn
and of course it go along wwith great jl amps

No, not really. The electrons don't care. They come from totally different factories and are designed by totally different people.

AVJunkie 01-30-2006 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by htn
sorry to jump in with a question,,,,,,,, how is jl audio xr650-csi,,,,,,,price is reasonable? and of course it go along wwith great jl amps

I haven't heard the JL Audio comps but everything that I've read is that you can do better for the same $$.

realgone 01-30-2006 11:57 PM

Do a search on Focal. If I did not already have MB Quart QSD's, which sound great, I would choose Focal.

Next time around I will go with Focal because MBQ is no longer in business.

Pearl05G 01-31-2006 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by realgone
Do a search on Focal. If I did not already have MB Quart QSD's, which sound great, I would choose Focal.

Next time around I will go with Focal because MBQ is no longer in business.

Focal is just as harsh as MBQs. If he doesnt like the sound of them, hed be better off searching elsewhere with his money.

Where the hell are you people getting this info of MBQ no longer being around???

Disco_Monkey 01-31-2006 01:39 PM

I have had MB's in two of my previous rides and I was very happy with the sound quality. Very clean and defined... not all blended, loud and obnoxious like stock speakers.

I replacing all 8 Permium Bose speakers with MB's next week.

Sundeviljay 01-31-2006 01:41 PM

yeah what is the deal with MB Quart out of business???? I have never heard anything like this

Pearl05G 01-31-2006 02:23 PM

Theyre not out of business, which leaves me wondering where people are regurgetating this info from....