Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed invisicord (blown fuse?) miles reset, green blinker dash lights, clock dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sometimes "having it right" isn't enough with a car. car's are flickle beasts, and because of that sometimes it requires a little creativity to get something work. considering you were not able to replace a fuse, I am not surprised you were not able to get the prong it.

that being said, after TeamSpeed sent me a cord with smaller, sharper ends, it worked like a champ.

I'm sure he'd also refund your $14 as it seems to be bothering you that you "ate it."

Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amthar
sometimes "having it right" isn't enough with a car. car's are flickle beasts, and because of that sometimes it requires a little creativity to get something work. considering you were not able to replace a fuse, I am not surprised you were not able to get the prong it.

that being said, after TeamSpeed sent me a cord with smaller, sharper ends, it worked like a champ.

I'm sure he'd also refund your $14 as it seems to be bothering you that you "ate it."
Thank you for the support. Yes I would refund it if you are unable to get the smaller connector version working for you. As was stated in other posts, ziptieing the connector cord to the mirror wiring harness would put constant pressure on the whole assembly and should alleviate the vibration thing. You might just have a factory issue where the connector you are attempting to piggyback into was not compressed enough and is taking up most of the hole now, but I'm not sure without seeing a closeup of the back of the harness, unfortunately.

For Luong, I sent you a PM back, there was no note in the order that this was for the G35/350Z, so I sent you a standard cord. These Infiniti/Nissan "siblings" use a much smaller, tighter harness than most of the vehicles, thus the special order note that was required.

Since quite a few people were missing the big yellow warning at the top of the order page stating please note the vehicle model/make in the order, I have since changed it so that there is a very small surcharge line item to be added to the cart that would tell me whether a cord is needed for the G35/350Z or for any other vehicle. Hopefully this will help the ordering process become easier in the future.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really you are an a$$ and dont know what you are talking about. Please just dont post on my threads when you dont know what you are talking about. I know that teamspeed would replace my cord and i was trying not to post anything negative at all because he has been great to deal with and i didnt want to give him a bad review or discourage people from buying his product.
and my $14 really didnt bother me... thats why i didnt get a replacement. I broke the cord because i was pissed off and i was not going to ask him to replace it when he did nothing but provide a product that i broke. But thanks for posting on somethign that you know nothing about. I did get power to my radar with it, and im just saying that there is no way that the invisicord is going in that middle slot like it did the one on the left. whatever though... keep making ignorant posts

Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by TeamSpeed
As was stated in other posts, ziptieing the connector cord to the mirror wiring harness would put constant pressure on the whole assembly and should alleviate the vibration thing. You might just have a factory issue where the connector you are attempting to piggyback into was not compressed enough and is taking up most of the hole now, but I'm not sure without seeing a closeup of the back of the harness, unfortunately.

and this is the problem i am saying i was having... and rather than having teamspeed (who has been NOTHING but great to deal with) replace my cord when i dont think the new one would work either because there is not any space there like on the other connection that actually DID go in, i am going to have a shop hardwire the cord for me. I told LUO, who has been pm'ing me that the reason i DID not post what the deal was was because i wanted this thread to just go away since i didnt want any bad PR for teamspeed. AMTHAR really you do not know what you are talking about and are really being a dic. i want to keep the invisicord just because im having it hardwired... so i dont feel like i need a refund... since im still going to use it. When i said "eat the $14"... i didnt mean that it was bothering me... yeah and this $14 electronics part really does bother me... oh yeah i have a $2000 headunit... god i really miss my $14 though....

Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Factory tolerances on things like wiring harnesses really makes my product a difficult thing to support remotely sometimes. I have something like a 98% success rate, but unfortunately sometimes it just doesn't work out too well for a few folks. I am sorry for the trouble you had, hopefully your shop is very fair with your installation deal, both in price and quality.

I have just recently just started adding a 4" ziptie to the product packaging, so that will be a new way to keep the cords from vibrating free on looser harnesses, and also for those that have suction mounts, when the mounts give way in the heat, the detector will swing on the ziptie and not on the power leads going into the mirror.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:04 PM
I have it mounted with Mike's mount and that thing is so snug against the mirror that there is no vibration or risk of the suction cups giving away and tearing the wires with it. If you dont have Mike's mount I defn suggest you guys get it right away.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
I have it mounted with Mike's mount and that thing is so snug against the mirror that there is no vibration or risk of the suction cups giving away and tearing the wires with it. If you dont have Mike's mount I defn suggest you guys get it right away.
Did you use anything between the top of the radar and the bottom of the mirror?

Last edited by amthar; 03-06-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Raznips
really you are an a$$ and dont know what you are talking about.
not productive or constructive

Please just dont post on my threads when you dont know what you are talking about.
Also not productive or constructive.

I broke the cord because i was pissed off and i was not going to ask him to replace it when he did nothing but provide a product that i broke.
It does seem like you have some anger issues???

But thanks for posting on somethign that you know nothing about.
Not productive or constructive.

I did get power to my radar with it
Congrats!

and im just saying that there is no way that the invisicord is going in that middle slot like it did the one on the left.
Huh? I don't think I ever said any of that.... if you are implying I said any of that... so confusing, my head hurts

whatever though
Amen to that brutha!

keep making ignorant posts
I can only say that I will try, please be patient with me sir. For a long long time I was one of the only people on g35driver.com making ignorant posts... it was a very stressful expectation to live up to. It seems, however, the pressure has now let off as others are doing it now too! Thank goodness for others picking up the slack!

Old 03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
AMTHAR really you do not know what you are talking about and are really being a dic.
What is a "dic"?

oh yeah i have a $2000 headunit
That's cool man. Which one? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LCG5DAv...p?i=099AVN5435 That one? I have a $30,000 HU... that was the cost of my G35, I use the stock HU.

god i really miss my $14 though....
I lost $14 the last week and I've been crying every since. I know how you feel man PM me if you have any thoughts on getting past the grief.

Last edited by amthar; 03-06-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Did you use anything between the top of the radar and the bottom of the mirror?
After reading about other installs I thought I would have to get some rubber washers or foam in there, but its so snug that it doesnt bang against the mirror unless I am going off-roading or something, so I left it as is.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I hate bringing back dead threads on forums...BUT...i just did the same thing, do you know what fuse it is?

Old 10-26-2007, 02:24 AM
I got the same problem as Raznips did. The invisicord green wire pin does not fully in. I also blown the homelink fuse. Now, I can't use the garage opener in the homelink.

Anyone have any idea which fuse it is? Is it in the fuse box or the engine battery fuse box?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Alright i installed an invisicord and now these are the things that are not working in my car

Green arrows on dash dont blink when my blinkers are on or make clicking noise

Clock wont work

outside temperature counts down from 130 degrees to whatever temp is when started

Miles A and B reset to 0 when my car turns off

Homelink buttons reset when the car turns off

Its really not a big deal for now, but next oil change at the dealer, im gonna get em to fix it. What is the problem and how much money will it cost me you think? Is this something small like a blown fuse or something that would explain this, or is this going to be a bigger more expensive problem?
invisicord doesnt have its own fuse does it for the radar, it just taps off the one for the homelink, bad idea...check all your fuses and the ones behind the battery

Old 10-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Found the blown fuse inside the fuse box under the driver side.
It was a fuse (10A) right under the fuse puller.

See attached image.

Attached Thumbnails Installed invisicord (blown fuse?) miles reset, green blinker dash lights, clock dead-homelink-fuse.jpg  

Last edited by 2K6G35; 11-02-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
This just happened to me today! How did yours turn out? what did the dealership say?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed invisicord (blown fuse?) miles reset, green blinker dash lights, clock dead