Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed invisicord (blown fuse?) miles reset, green blinker dash lights, clock dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed invisicord (blown fuse?) miles reset, green blinker dash lights, clock dead

Alright i installed an invisicord and now these are the things that are not working in my car

Green arrows on dash dont blink when my blinkers are on or make clicking noise

Clock wont work

outside temperature counts down from 130 degrees to whatever temp is when started

Miles A and B reset to 0 when my car turns off

Homelink buttons reset when the car turns off

Its really not a big deal for now, but next oil change at the dealer, im gonna get em to fix it. What is the problem and how much money will it cost me you think? Is this something small like a blown fuse or something that would explain this, or is this going to be a bigger more expensive problem?

Old 01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks, I am not sure what would have caused this, I dont have any problems with my invsicord so far.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Question

What is an invsicord? I tried internet searches with no luck.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:41 PM
its a cord that i piggy backed onto the back of my homelink mirror to give power to my radar detector. (it worked by the way until i removed it and ripped the foot off one of the wires on accident)... well it was really cool wasting 14 dollars and causing further woes

Old 01-31-2006, 12:23 AM
no idea what the problem is, sounds like you shorted something out though.
my invisicord works perfectly.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Raznips
its a cord that i piggy backed onto the back of my homelink mirror to give power to my radar detector. (it worked by the way until i removed it and ripped the foot off one of the wires on accident)... well it was really cool wasting 14 dollars and causing further woes
There is a warranty on the cord, please send me your order email ID and I will look it up and send a replacement.

As for the short, it sounds since the ground and +12 touched when pulling it out w/the ignition on (assuming this since there is no power if ignition is off), one of the fuses in the fuse panel blew that was supplying power to the mirror (and thus other components as well). I have been placing the shrinktube all the way down to the collar to prevent shorting after the cord has been installed, I am not sure what can be done to prevent the accidental touching of the connectors as they are either being inserted or removed.

Last edited by TeamSpeed; 01-31-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you blew a fuse labeled "meter" in the fuse box at the driver kick panel. I did this too.

If that's not it, it may be a fuse under the hood back behind the battery.

I'm almost certain it's a fuse. Just pull each one, one by one (replacing the previous one before pulling the next) and find the one that's fried. If you have a test light or a voltmeter, that would be good to use too as sometimes you can't SEE a blown fuse.

my cord works/worked perfectly after I got one with smaller contacts. couldn't be happier. I would have gladly spent $30, let alone $14.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:40 AM
PLEASE do not misconstrue this post as a flame against invisicord... this was obviously not the fault of his product and was TOTALLY my dumb fault. I was just hoping someone could help me to fix my problem. I figured it was a fuse and i will just pretend like i did nothing here this weekend when i take my car into infiniti and see if they replace it for free. my family owns $185,000 worth of infiniti cars, so i figure they'll probably replace the fuse for free. they treat my family pretty good. thanks for all the posts

Old 02-01-2006, 08:25 AM
uh... you can't replace the fuse yourself? The car comes with spare fuses and a fuse puller tool thingy mabob... if you can't replace a fuse you have no reason to be doing ANY mods to the car, simple (like the invisicord) or not (like everything else).

Old 02-01-2006, 07:36 PM
thanks a$$.... but i have an appointment with infiniti this weekend and would rather rather not have to take the time to do it... if it was something bothering me i would replace it... and if infiniti wont do it for free i will.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Sorry for the "harsh" reply. I read over some of your other posts on the forum and now have a better understanding on who you are and how you see things. If I were you, I'd take it to the dealership too. gl.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by amthar
Sorry for the "harsh" reply. I read over some of your other posts on the forum and now have a better understanding on who you are and how you see things. If I were you, I'd take it to the dealership too. gl.
Plus, while under warranty, it is always great to have a dealership log of issues, so that if anything major happens, there is a documented trail that is critical for any lemon issues! Don't ask me how I know this...

Old 03-01-2006, 06:36 PM
i have the exact same problem......

Old 03-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Just got the cord. So you're perfectly safe as long as power is off but must be careful if power is on? I don't anticipate removing it once it's in so I'll just make sure there's no possibility of them touching.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 AM
it was the blown fuse (i had the dealer replace it since they could do it in about 5 seconds and knew exactly which one it was). I just sent a pm to you LUO, but heres the deal. the second cord (which ever one is in the middle slot/hole) would not go in all the way like the other did. The first prong went in all the way very easily and all the way. The other prong would go about 3/4 of the way in and stop like it was running into a wall. I tried it out anyways, and it would power my radar and everything was all good, but when i started driving and it got vibrated a little it would stop powering the radar. I found that if i held the prong and pushed it in, it would power the radar, but i guess i blew a fuse because it wouldnt stay connected. I am currently without a radar detector and i'm either going to get the remainder of my invisicord hardwired by some a shop (i broke the cord pulling it out), or im just going to buy a regular cord and have it hanging since it never really bothered me before but i wanted it to look cleaner. I guess the slot that it was supposed to go into is just harder to get the prong in on my car than some others. I know that i had it right and it just woudlnt go in no matter what i tried, but the one prong went in correctly and the other wouldnt. I just ate the $14 loss and said screw it whatever

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed invisicord (blown fuse?) miles reset, green blinker dash lights, clock dead