Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Need serious help with NAV DVD and Peripheral PXNI unit!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need serious help with NAV DVD and Peripheral PXNI unit!!

Hey everyone,

After a lot of research on this site, I finally attempted to dissect my 03 6MT NAV coupe and install TVandNav2Go with a DVD player and the Peripheral PXNI audio unit. All went well, dash opened in 30 min and TVandNav2Go and DVD player totally awesome but I can't get the audio to work at all. I tried plugging in an ipod, the aux for the DVD and my laptop, nothing. Funny thing is I think I have the new Peripheral PXNI unit, which is IDENTICAL to the PAC gen2 unit. There is the option of SAT or NO SAT, and since mine is equipped with SAT radio, I followed the directions to the T. Funny thing is the directions are exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY (PICTURES AND ALL) as the new PAC unit. I've tried everything, putting it in SR1 and going to presets 1 and 2, SR2 presets 1 and 2, nothing. I can hear the relay clicking over though, when I flip from preset 1 to 2, but no sound. I've tried not running the sat cables into the plug and play slot and the radio just displays NO SAT and won't even let me flip through the different SR channels or presets. ARGGGGG.

My buddy and I came up with some potential issues:

Do I have to be subscribed to Sirius to use the unit? This does not seem likely, but it does keep showing me the number to call and my radio ID, kinda of a pain and gets in the way when I try to put it in the presets.

Could I have plugged the unit in the wrong slots? I don't really think so since there are only 4 plugs are then are very specific, like if it doesn't fit, it's not right. I checked all the connections, everything seems legit.

What is the negative output wire for? Could this be the reason I don't have anything? It's got two wires coming off that apparently are optional. Well, one is, it's for a steering wheel mount or something, the other, I have no clue but it's a negative output, sounds nonessential to me.

Thanks in advance, hopefully this gets some replies before I get after the job tomorrow.

Dean

Old 02-03-2006, 04:12 AM
PAC
Originally Posted by Iheartg35
Hey everyone,

After a lot of research on this site, I finally attempted to dissect my 03 6MT NAV coupe and install TVandNav2Go with a DVD player and the Peripheral PXNI audio unit. All went well, dash opened in 30 min and TVandNav2Go and DVD player totally awesome but I can't get the audio to work at all. I tried plugging in an ipod, the aux for the DVD and my laptop, nothing. Funny thing is I think I have the new Peripheral PXNI unit, which is IDENTICAL to the PAC gen2 unit. There is the option of SAT or NO SAT, and since mine is equipped with SAT radio, I followed the directions to the T. Funny thing is the directions are exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY (PICTURES AND ALL) as the new PAC unit. I've tried everything, putting it in SR1 and going to presets 1 and 2, SR2 presets 1 and 2, nothing. I can hear the relay clicking over though, when I flip from preset 1 to 2, but no sound. I've tried not running the sat cables into the plug and play slot and the radio just displays NO SAT and won't even let me flip through the different SR channels or presets. ARGGGGG.

Do I have to be subscribed to Sirius to use the unit? This does not seem likely, but it does keep showing me the number to call and my radio ID, kinda of a pain and gets in the way when I try to put it in the presets.

Could I have plugged the unit in the wrong slots? I don't really think so since there are only 4 plugs are then are very specific, like if it doesn't fit, it's not right. I checked all the connections, everything seems legit.

What is the negative output wire for? Could this be the reason I don't have anything? It's got two wires coming off that apparently are optional. Well, one is, it's for a steering wheel mount or something, the other, I have no clue but it's a negative output, sounds nonessential to me.

Thanks in advance, hopefully this gets some replies before I get after the job tomorrow.

Dean
You have to either set the channel to 184 preview channel or disconnect the Satellite receiver and slide the switch to No Sat. If you can't go to channel 184, you will have to subscribe. I ran into this problem and had to subscribe.

Last edited by PAC; 02-03-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:33 AM
PAC,
thanks for the reply. So I have to thumb up to 184? Will it let me without sirius service? Also, the NO SAT idea seems good, but I tried it and it didn't work. Do you disconnect both the 12 and 10 pin from the sat and just use the audio unit? I think I tried it once with just one of the two out. I'll see what this will do for me in the morning. Thanks.

Dean

Old 02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Alright, figured it out. If you have satellite radio but don't have the subscription to Sirius, just don't plug in the sat radio and set the unit to NO SAT. If you have the subscription, go to channel 184 as PAC explained. Thanks to PAC for the help, everything worked out great!

Dean

Old 02-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Cool

Hi Iheartg35
Glad you like our product. Thanks for your support.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.co m

Originally Posted by Iheartg35
Hey everyone,

Dean