Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...

I'm getting ready to order the parts from grubbs. I've got an 05 sedan, so I believe all I need is the aluminum trim and the AC controller (I don't think I nned the bracket). My question is can you use a single din unit in the DD opening? Can you a generic pocket to fill the hole? I'd like to use a single din pioneer, but obviously do not want a hole in the dash.

I'm assuming that you were able to use a nissan / infiniti wiring harness adapter to attach the power etc. Did anyone use a PCI steering wheel control adapter? Did it work well?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate all the help I've gotten from this group.

Chris

Old 02-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Im in the same boat as you, but wiht a coupe. I am goign to get my pioneer avic-n1 installed within the next couple weeks. I also need to know if i need a bracket. The installer is going to put a pocket in from another nissan or something. As for the steering wheel adapter, I have seen many people use them, so yes it works well. I am also putting in a rear view camera and an ipod adapter. good luck

Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course you can use single din deck, you an either try at Nissan dealership for this dash pocket (68475-35F00 9.30USD) double check the part number for your G35 model, if not try J's Garage" yosi@j-garage.com or you can have shop to make a cover for that second din opeing.

Attached Thumbnails For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...-v35_centercluster3-1-.jpg   For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...-cover.jpg   For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...-n1-20day-20view.jpg  
Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Single din

I had pioneers 5.1 dolby digital surround unit with a empty pocket and placed my center channel on my dashboard. Later I bought a half din center channel and placed it where the empty pocket went. I know these pics are not the greatest.
I am waiting for the new Pioneer Double Din Avic Z1 that will be out in March to put in my new coupe.

Attached Thumbnails For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...-g35.jpg   For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...-g35sub.jpg   For the DD Guys ??? I need some help...-centerch.jpg  

Last edited by My350GT; 02-09-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
As I recall the new bracket had better holes than the old bracket.

If you are OK drilling new holes where you want them, then it's OK with the old bracket. And with a single-DIN, you might have to drill new holes anyway (I think there were only 2 on each side of the new bracket).

Old 02-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by el_duderino
As I recall the new bracket had better holes than the old bracket.

If you are OK drilling new holes where you want them, then it's OK with the old bracket. And with a single-DIN, you might have to drill new holes anyway (I think there were only 2 on each side of the new bracket).

If I have 2005 sedan, do you know if I have the new bracket ?

Thanks

Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I did the upgrade with the 05 Sedan and a single-din head unit (Kenwood). The stock bracket may work; however, I found there was a slight gap between the trim and my head unit/Nissan pocket. The JDM bracket from Yosi took care of the issue as the holes were a bit farther forward.

I also has a slight gap between the headunit and the pocket itself. A piece of black plastic took care of it.

You may not have the same issues with a different headunit.

The PCI adapter works; however you must mount the LED where it has direct line of sight to the headunit. I didn't (put it in the ashtray compartment), and strong daylight degrades the signal.