Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AAI-NIS2: question for those who have factory XM also...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAI-NIS2: question for those who have factory XM also...

I apologize if this was answered before, in my searches it is still a bit unclear to me...

If the AAI-NIS2 is WORKING (I noticed the firmware issue that has been listed), how exactly does it interface to also allow the factory-installed XM?

Specificially, do I lose any XM function?
And if my XM is not currently subscribed, does that make a difference?

I let my XM subscription run out as I would prefer to just run my mp3 player through the stereo, but I don't want to lose its function for later if I renew my XM subscription.... I noticed in one person's post that he seemed to need a signal from the XM to be present for the AAI-NIS2 to effectively send his mp3 signal to the stereo, but I'm not sure if that's correctly described. If it is that way, I suppose it might still work since XM always sends a signal even to unsubscribed (telling you how to sign up for it).

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nsurg
I apologize if this was answered before, in my searches it is still a bit unclear to me...

If the AAI-NIS2 is WORKING (I noticed the firmware issue that has been listed), how exactly does it interface to also allow the factory-installed XM?

Specificially, do I lose any XM function?
And if my XM is not currently subscribed, does that make a difference?

I let my XM subscription run out as I would prefer to just run my mp3 player through the stereo, but I don't want to lose its function for later if I renew my XM subscription.... I noticed in one person's post that he seemed to need a signal from the XM to be present for the AAI-NIS2 to effectively send his mp3 signal to the stereo, but I'm not sure if that's correctly described. If it is that way, I suppose it might still work since XM always sends a signal even to unsubscribed (telling you how to sign up for it).

Thanks.
Unplug the satellite connector from the back of the radio. Connect satellite connector to the SAT-IN matching plug on the PAC AAI-NIS2. Connect the SAT-OUT matching connector coming out of the PAC-AAI-NIS2 into the SAT-IN jack in the back of the stock radio.

The PAC AAI-NIS2 has two sets of RCA inputs. The PAC-AAI-NIS2 also has a switch that says "factory satellite installed." Just flip this switch if you have the XM receiver installed. This disables the second set of RCA inputs, and that input is now being used for XM. The first set of RCA inputs still works. Press your "SAT" button once for your aux input device, press SAT again for your XM.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much, that is exactly the info I was trying to find! Nice to know before purchasing it.