Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Head Unit Problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Head Unit Problem.

The fm radio and satelite radio play fine but when a put a cd in I only hear music out the right side...I tried using a head cleaner...didn't work. The dealer said the cd has a seperate amp. They were going to replace it until they saw I had 66k on the car. Now I'm trying to figure out what the best solution is. I had planned on keep the stock head unit for looks...I like the Eclipse avn5495 but $2500 is a bit much...I need some input how would you handle the situation??

Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by da45king
The fm radio and satelite radio play fine but when a put a cd in I only hear music out the right side...I tried using a head cleaner...didn't work. The dealer said the cd has a seperate amp. They were going to replace it until they saw I had 66k on the car. Now I'm trying to figure out what the best solution is. I had planned on keep the stock head unit for looks...I like the Eclipse avn5495 but $2500 is a bit much...I need some input how would you handle the situation??
the "CD" does not have a seperate amp. There is one HU regardless, and one external amp if you have Bose (no external amp if you do not have Bose).

They are screwing you around. This is a known issue with our HU. The HU needs replacing. Do a search on this forum, you'll find others complaining about the same sort of thing, one side or one speaker going in and out.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
tell me this... if you give the driver's side of your center console a good WHACK does the sound come back? if so, you have the same problem myself and countless other members on the forum have had... defective headunit that needs replacing.

if the dealership jerks you around about it, i believe there is a TSB out so they have to replace it

Old 03-15-2006, 12:20 AM
do you know the TSB number?

Old 03-15-2006, 02:11 AM
welcome to the blowage headunit club! this happened to me once. Pissed me off. So i took it to the dealer and they spent a full day and replaecd my stock headunit. Of course, they replaced it with a refurbished one. And what do you know? The same thing happened couple months later! Needless to say, i am a proud owner of a double din headunit now. Its funny when we took apart the bose headunit, it clearly states on the replaced heaunit "remanufactured"