Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AUX in using Satellite harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: AUX in using Satellite harness

this is about as close as you can get.. blitz wont be here for us anytime soon.. this supposedly works and addresses the differential line levels...

http://www3.telus.net/cornblatt/aux_in.htm

I bet he would make some for a group deal. he stopped selling them on .org because he couldnt make any money.. $38?? no wonder.. it would be worth quite a bit more.. Look at the schematic, he did put some time into it..

----------------------------------------------------
bs g35c lth/prem - a poser with no lsd

Old 09-11-2003, 03:26 PM

Balanced Line level? What if my empeg has 4v line-level outputs.... would that work then?

Old 09-13-2003, 01:54 PM
PAC

We are working on an Aux input for the G35. We had to install the Sat receiver and wire harness in a coupe so we know how much of a pain it is to install. Hopefully the way things are going, we may have one within 6 weeks, but thats not a promise.

Old 09-13-2003, 11:29 PM

PAC! you guys rule. Check out this site it would probably help alot.. There is a schematic on there on how to build a device to force the bose into Aux mode and also converts the inputs from differential to standard RCA... I'm ready to attempt this one myself...

Old 09-14-2003, 01:15 AM
PAC

Pretty interesting stuff Matt has. However, the schematics i got for the G35 radio does not show an Aux in on the plug. I will have to test that, but i think its more to it than just grounding that pin on the G35.

Old 09-14-2003, 03:20 AM

You're right.. it seems a little more complicated this time. Hell i'm about ready to install a switch on the internal DAC where the cd-player connects to inside of the radio .. hehe.

Old 09-17-2003, 07:42 AM
fnt

I just found this thread after posting into another about connecting an iPod.

I understand that it's possible to create an aux input via the satellite connector, but what about people like me who have early model G's without the SAT button? Do you know of any other way to get a signal in (other than a cassette adapter or FM modulator)?

Old 09-17-2003, 03:13 PM

beside the sat harness itself, the xm unit has an input on the back (for cd changer?) might this be easier to manipulate? i have little knowledgde of such things. but a aux connector in this location would be great because it would allow sat receiver and second device on same line as a slave unit. although if i could get any aux line in i would probably dump my current xm receiver (10 character display sucks) and put in a delphi skifi or roady.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:08 PM
The Sat receiver supports two N-Bus connections, one to the sat receiver the other is passed through to the second connector for the external changer.

With an unbalanced to balanced audio converter and a simple switch, it's possible to force the audio path to the second connector, instead of from the sat receiver. There's relays built into the sat receiver to do this that are controlled from the head unit, if it sees a valid device.

I suspect it might be possible to fake out the head unit into thinking a changer's connected using a Pac Audio Nissan Aux adapter. I can't try it, 'cause the Murano's missing the parts in the head unit for the second device. (Yeah, I'm trying to get a G for the family too...)

I've got the Sat receiver pinouts on my web site if you're curious....

http://ca.geocities.com/muran0@rogers.com/

Old 04-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow, talk about bringing a post back from the dead! No need now Jak!

Old 04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Cool, That's good there's no need. I stumbled into this while doing a search.

So what and where's the solution? I didn't find it in a search, so I guess I'm searching on the wrong thing...

Love to know what was done. I'm actually part the way through soldering on components in the Murano's radio to enable the second N-bus connection.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Now if the solution you're thinking, is this...

http://www.tvrules.net/misc/satpb/satpb.htm

Then I'm the guy that did the reverse engineering to allow it to happen.

What I want is a standalone audio input that I can switch live off the sat's second connector, without turning the ignition on and off. I know how to do it, I'm just looking to see if others have come up with interesting ideas.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
the PAC audio adaptor does this. It has 2 remote wires as well that ground upon activating/deactivating the sat1/sat2 inputs. This device works on the 350z and G35 with Sat radio button.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Yup, I know all about it, I have one. Want to see a picture of it's guts?

But it will not work with the OEM sat receiver, only aftermarket ones that do not integrate the data and controls into the vehicle.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:16 PM
But it will not work with the OEM sat receiver, only aftermarket ones that do not integrate the data and controls into the vehicle.
Yup, I want jaak's solution. I want to be able to connect a phatbox to my OEM receiver's 2nd N-Bus connection and use both SAT and the phatbox. Jaak, any sense of how far off you are from enabling the 2nd connection on your murano?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AUX in using Satellite harness