Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bose Diagnostic Menu not in service manual?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Diagnostic Menu not in service manual?

I have seen bits and pieces of how to get in and use the diagnostic menu in the Bose (a/k/a Clarion) radio.
I wanted to use the tip to adjust the bluetooth headset volume.

However I looked in the A/V section and did not see an explanation of all of the diagnostic menu options.

Is it buried somewhere else that I missed? I find it hard to believe that the service manual would not have it in there? There is radio troubleshooting, but it does not include this. If it is really not in there, where is the documentation on it?

BJBBJB

Old 03-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Damn, I got all excited when I saw this tread and then realized there was no answer to the question. I wish I knew the answer as well. The microphone volume is too low in my 06 G coupe and I need to adjust it. Apparently other Infiniti models have this diagnositc mode, so hopefully, the G will have it as well. My local service department did not know of anything, but agreed to check into it.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Enoreevier,

Hopefully someone out there knows about it and will chime in.

I also read where someone had success turning off "privacy" or encryption on his phone and this somehow made the microphone perform better in his M. I am going to try that out.

BJBBJB

Old 03-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks,
I am planning on doing a ROM upgrade on my phone soon, and I hope that will help my Bluetooth sound quality. My Infiniti service department claims that there is no Bose diagnostic mode on the G cars. I would love to prove them wrong, so I hope we end up seeing the answer.

I am kind of angry about the poor bluetooth sound quality and may end up calling Infinity Customer Care and telling them this is an advertised feature of the car that is pretty useless from what people on the other end of the line are telling me.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:58 PM
When you call Infiniti Customer Care and tell them you have a Bluetooth problem, they transfer you to the Bluetooth Helpdesk. I spoke with them and they wasted no time in telling me that this was a known issue with this car. They specifially said that numerous G35 owners are calling in with the complaint that people they talk to cannot hear them because the microphone volume is too low.

There is no way to adjust the microphone volume like you can in some other Infiniti models. So I called back to customer care and asked what they intended to do for me since this valuable feature of my car is not really functional. They don't seem to be very interested in offering me anything. I have not yet gone postal on their ***....just waiting for the mood to strike. Meanwhile, is anyone else pissed about this. Might be good to pool our efforts.

And, what is up with the windshield wipers vibrating the clutch pedal!? Damn, that feels cheap!

Otherwise, I like the car alot.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 AM