Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Another Simple G35 Install finished :) Pics..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that is insane

Old 04-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
You said the "imaging" was at eye level. How did you manage that with the tweeters where they are? Did you also use the ones in the doors by the window?

Old 04-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
DLS ultimate tweeters are known for good off axis response.

onething i have said over and over again, yet few will believe, is that imagine and staging have almost nothing to do with where the speakres are located...to put it short, its your head that gives you the impression of imaging and staging, not the sepakers, something called psychoacoustics...

no, the top tweeter location is not hooked up at all, tahts is IMO a horrible spot for a tweeter anyway...

honestly, everyhting sounds like its coming from eye level, this has been the experience with every Z and G i have done with either kick mounted tweets or kick panel enclosures

Old 04-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey....looking good...you should post them in this sticky thread as well:

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/91773-custom-audio-system-gallery.html

Old 04-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
DLS ultimate tweeters are known for good off axis response.

onething i have said over and over again, yet few will believe, is that imagine and staging have almost nothing to do with where the speakres are located...to put it short, its your head that gives you the impression of imaging and staging, not the sepakers, something called psychoacoustics...

no, the top tweeter location is not hooked up at all, tahts is IMO a horrible spot for a tweeter anyway...

honestly, everyhting sounds like its coming from eye level, this has been the experience with every Z and G i have done with either kick mounted tweets or kick panel enclosures
Man. Thank you for this post! I would have never thought of placing the tweets there. It's so easy to mount there and it's close to the midbass speaker which should help with imaging AND that's one less thing you have to modify on the door AND one less wire to run to the door.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everything ive seen on that site is just sick.... another nice install

Old 04-09-2006, 03:12 PM
nice...

Old 04-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hottness!!

Old 04-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Did you guys crack the Z1, making it capable to use the nav while in motion and watch DVD's in the front?

Old 04-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Nice work!!

I also wanted full access to the trunk and SPARE TIRE, and required a set up where I could remove and put in the spare tire with an amp rack and a box for the sub......the final result for this was the 4080 box and an amp rack that "slides out" that allowed access to the tire and equipment as needed for a coupe...We already have little trunk space in the coupe didn't want to reduce that anymore!

Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey! That's my car XD

Thanks for doing this install Bing.

The system is awesome. The moment he started up the stereo, you can tell the HUGE difference between the BLOSE system and the DLS speakers.

I've turned into a DLS fan boy now. XD

The SQ is awesome right now. As for the tweets being installed in the kicks, I don't notice the sound coming from there. The sound stage is perfect, at eye level. I know it's hard to believe, but that's the way it is. A few of my friends have sat in the car, and none of them have noticed the tweeters down there. They all commented about how great the system sounds.

The Z1 is an awesome headunit too. The only downside to the Z1 I can think of is the slow bootup time, as well as not being able to program it while driving, although I think I can program it using the voice commands. I need to try that tonight after leaving work.

Once again, thanks everyone: Bing for the install and Ken for the awesome hook ups on the DLS components. I've been preaching DLS for the past few days now.

Last edited by myst; 04-10-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:52 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by myst
Hey! That's my car XD

Thanks for doing this install Bing.

The system is awesome. The moment he started up the stereo, you can tell the HUGE difference between the BLOSE system and the DLS speakers.

I've turned into a DLS fan boy now. XD

The SQ is awesome right now. As for the tweets being installed in the kicks, I don't notice the sound coming from there. The sound stage is perfect, at eye level. I know it's hard to believe, but that's the way it is. A few of my friends have sat in the car, and none of them have noticed the tweeters down there. They all commented about how great the system sounds.

The Z1 is an awesome headunit too. The only downside to the Z1 I can think of is the slow bootup time, as well as not being able to program it while driving, although I think I can program it using the voice commands. I need to try that tonight after leaving work.

Once again, thanks everyone: Bing for the install and Ken for the awesome hook ups on the DLS components. I've been preaching DLS for the past few days now.
Holy shlt Tony, you are nuts! The next local meet/drive, I'll drive behind or beside you so I can watch TV. Can't wait to hear this in person.