Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

advice please..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice please..

I tried searching for days now and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, now I know people tell me to search and search and I know this has been discussed in this forum before but I can't seem to just find the right article.

I have a non-bose HU, I did find a few threads on about this on the bose unit but I'm trying to install and sub/amp on my stock HU.

I'm not good at this stuff at all so I decided to just find a list of equipment needed to this besides the obvious amp/sub basically just all the wiring to get this install rolling. Does the non-bose system have the same amp in the same spot as the bose system?

Anyone have the wiring schematics as well? I found 1 thread in the audio section about it but the pictures don't work.

I'm sure most of the guru's are tired of answering the same questions and I'm sorry but a good install thread should be stickied somewhere.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The non-bose unit does not have an amp, thankfully.

You can just tap into the speaker wires at the rear of the deck. I didn't take pics of the harness when I was doing my setup. Sorry. I just used a DMM to find the right and left front channels.

Here is a build-up thread for a non-bose sedan... hopefully it will be food for thought.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/79113-sedan-install-build-up-pics.html

Old 04-12-2006, 12:02 AM
You need a LOC. Just tap into the rear speaker wires with the LOC to get an RCA for your Amp input. Then you just wire in your amp and connect to your sub and you are set.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:07 AM
^^^ What he said...

Alternatively you can get an amp that accepts balanced differential inputs like the JL slash series and dispense with the LOC.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:52 PM
awesome thanks for your input guys I think that makes it a lot easier than the bose system. Does it matter what type of amp I get?... I did read people stating you need a balanced input amp or whatever?.. I thought they were all the same

Old 04-12-2006, 10:02 PM
If you go the LOC route it will not matter which amp you get. If you do not want to use an LOC, then you need to get an amp that accepts balanced differential inputs.

Seems that the most popular choice on this board is the JL slash series. I run a LOC to eD amps. Ultimately the decision is yours.

For me, it was a trade off. I could either spend more on the speakers or more on the amps.

I decided to spend more on my front stage as speakers will have more of an impact to the sound than the amps...as long as the amps are properly engineered.

The downside to this approach (LOC) is that you do run a much higher risk of introducing noise into the system.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:14 PM
well explained... I appreciate your help. Thanks!