Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Hey Dominic of TVandNAV2Go...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cRai6ory
forgot to add... my video ipod is connected & charged with the XtremeMac iPod RoadShow .
The Red & White RCA is connected to a PAC AAI-NIS2, and the yellow RCA is connected to the TVNav2Go PnP Unit.
(...if this matters at all)
I was just wondering, do you get a video signal on your screen? of your ipod? or anytype of signal?
thanks.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Real_G
You figure this out yet? It should have been a simple hookup? Did you try a different ground/power location?
yeah, i found out what was wrong. It was my ipod!!! I had a feeling it was my ipod so i tried hookin it up with my friend's ipod. And it WORKED!!! I was even sorta glad. Now I can take my scratched up video ipod into the apple store and hopefully have it replaced with a brand new one! haha.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by TwixG35
I was just wondering, do you get a video signal on your screen? of your ipod? or anytype of signal?
thanks.
well before i attempted to hardwire the cable, yes it did work. Besides the video screen not acting normally using my tvnav2go (horizontal lines of the nav's map that scrolled down), the Roadshow cable works very well. Im sending back the tvnav2go unit to have it looked at and fixed. Hopefully Ill have more luck once i get the new unit.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by tvandnav2go
Hi Everyone
Our unit is 100% plug and play with OEM connectors and we will beat any price on any RGB unit
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com
Hey Dominic, not trying to be a d**k or anything but... instead of posting JUST to advertise your product, can you at least read the first post (the main point of this thread) and give some sort of useful response?

Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Cool

Hi cRai6ory
Hope all is well.
Sorry, but there are many post in this forum that give you pictures on the install. Sorry, there is no way for me to go into detail explaining each and every step on how to take your car apart and do the install. This would be like a doctor explaining how to perform an operation. If you feel the mod is bad there is NO PROBLEM exchanging it, but the problem sounds like a ground problem or where you tapped power. Did you ground the ground on the harness??? This would be much easier if you would please call me. I am available for any questions at 718-763-7367 Mon-Sat 8AM-5PM. Please let me know when you send it back and I will exchange it.

Hey Dominic, not trying to be a d**k or anything but... instead of posting JUST to advertise your product, can you at least read the first post (the main point of this thread) and give some sort of useful response?

Last edited by tvandnav2go; 04-19-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Does the plug n play require an wire tapping whatsoever? Like 12v or anything like that? Do u have to tap into the tailights for the reverse camera part. If someone could tell me, I need to know quick. My car is apart for a few days due to a defective pa11-nis and will consider this if I get it quick and its plugnplay.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Cool

Hi
You have to tap power to any 12V ignition source. You have to tap the blue wire into the 12V reverse wire for the backup camera. Feel free to call me at 718-763-7367.

Originally Posted by Strtsk8r321
Does the plug n play require an wire tapping whatsoever? Like 12v or anything like that? Do u have to tap into the tailights for the reverse camera part. If someone could tell me, I need to know quick. My car is apart for a few days due to a defective pa11-nis and will consider this if I get it quick and its plugnplay.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 AM
If you feel the mod is bad there is NO PROBLEM exchanging it, but the problem sounds like a ground problem or where you tapped power. Did you ground the ground on the harness???
Thats what i had thought too initially. So then, i reconnected the ground on the harness and the other grounds and made sure they were properly grounded. My 12v source was coming from the cig lighter and i even tried reconnecting that and made sure it was connected securely. Problem was still there.
Please let me know when you send it back and I will exchange it.
I already have the unit all packed up and ready to be shipped back out. Im sending it in tomorrow while im at work via UPS 2nd Day Air. You should be getting it probably by monday. BTW, u can send me the new unit to the address i shipped out from or to my home again. It doesnt really matter.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Cool

Hi cRai6ory
No problem I will ship you another unit when I get the old unit.

Thats what i had thought too initially. So then, i reconnected the ground on the harness and the other grounds and made sure they were properly grounded. My 12v source was coming from the cig lighter and i even tried reconnecting that and made sure it was connected securely. Problem was still there.

I already have the unit all packed up and ready to be shipped back out. Im sending it in tomorrow while im at work via UPS 2nd Day Air. You should be getting it probably by monday. BTW, u can send me the new unit to the address i shipped out from or to my home again. It doesnt really matter.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi cRai6ory
Hope all is well.
Sorry, but there are many post in this forum that give you pictures on the install. Sorry, there is no way for me to go into detail explaining each and every step on how to take your car apart and do the install. This would be like a doctor explaining how to perform an operation. If you feel the mod is bad there is NO PROBLEM exchanging it, but the problem sounds like a ground problem or where you tapped power. Did you ground the ground on the harness??? This would be much easier if you would please call me. I am available for any questions at 718-763-7367 Mon-Sat 8AM-5PM. Please let me know when you send it back and I will exchange it.
Can we clarify what the meaning of "plug and play" is? The NaviPlus people claim it, TVANDNAV2GO claims it, yet there are all these install instructions out there that show people splicing power/video cables to hook this thing up. "Plug and play with OEM connections" implies that I can buy this thing, take it home, plug it in to existing PLUGS, and be ready to go in a half hour. It does not imply cutting wires.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:44 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
tvandnavtogo makes two modules one that is plug and play and one that isnt plug and ply the non plug and play costs less and you have to cut wires

both modules have you have to tap power and a reverse signal. not hard at all!!! and if you dont feel comfortable take it somewhere and have it done.

there is no point for tvandnavtogo to make the module fully plug and play because power can be found in many spots and there is no point to making/producing/selling/raising cost for two extra harnesses that only contain one wire each. one for power and one for the reverse wire, when you can just tap them easily

Old 04-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
tvandnavtogo makes two modules one that is plug and play and one that isnt plug and ply the non plug and play costs less and you have to cut wires

both modules have you have to tap power and a reverse signal. not hard at all!!! and if you dont feel comfortable take it somewhere and have it done.

there is no point for tvandnavtogo to make the module fully plug and play because power can be found in many spots and there is no point to making/producing/selling/raising cost for two extra harnesses that only contain one wire each. one for power and one for the reverse wire, when you can just tap them easily
Thanks for the good info. I didn't mean to cast a bad light on tvandnavtogo or anyone else, just trying to get a better feel for how much work is involved with either install. I'm considering the backup camera hook-up, so I just wanted an idea of whether the price increase for "plug and play" was worth it.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:48 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
if you are willing to pay the extra 50 (i think) its definately worth it. i installed my buddies that was not plug and play and it was no big deal, but of course ive been installing things like this and many many kptechnologies modules so i have a little experience. getttin the plug and play would greatly reduce your install time. either way the install is very easy

Old 04-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
if you are willing to pay the extra 50 (i think) its definately worth it. i installed my buddies that was not plug and play and it was no big deal, but of course ive been installing things like this and many many kptechnologies modules so i have a little experience. getttin the plug and play would greatly reduce your install time. either way the install is very easy

Now how does that affect our warranty?

Old 04-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by some.devil
Now how does that affect our warranty?
If I'm not mistaken, your warranty can't be automatically voided by doing a mod of this type. If something goes wrong on your car, legally the impetus is on Infiniti to prove that your mod caused the problem. With an electronics mod like this the only thing you're likely to void is the coverage on wiring defects and so on. You certainly wouldn't void your entire warranty because of it.