Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

CD Error Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Error Problems

I wanted to post this in the TSB forum, but couldn't figure out how.

My experience with the in dash CD changer has been a big headache like it has been for most of you. What I was told is that even store bought CD's will cause the player to malfunction and error. Only CD's with the "Compact Disc" stamp on it will not damage the player and are authorized to be used in this unit.

G Coupe / Caribbean Blue /Aero / Premium / Brushed Aluminum Center Console

Old 09-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Re: CD Error Problems

i'm sorry to ask this but if i get cd error message will it cover with warranty?? my cd player working perfect so far but i'm nervous everytime i change cd though... and what's TSB? i'm sorry to ask dumb ques..

Old 09-11-2003, 04:05 PM

My CD player quit working. It read "CD ERR FO." It wouldn't play, eject, anything. The dealership has replaced it. The CD's are still in the possession of Bose. I hope they choke on em. (FYI...My sunroof quit working, my driver's side window stopped working, and I've had the problem with residue building on the windows that has supposedly been fixed)

Old 09-11-2003, 04:26 PM

my car is sitting at the dealer as I am typing this for the exact same thing. they said that bose will have to ship my CD's to them, and then they ship them to me because they are not authorized to dismantle the player at the dealership and get them out. I told the guy I could smash the player with a hammer to get them out. he didn't like that.

does anyone know if the units that they are replacing our faulty ones with are any better?

Did they fix the problem, or are we just getting the same junk and hope that it doesn't happen again?

G35Coupe B/B 6MT Aero/Premium

Old 09-11-2003, 04:29 PM

TSB (Technical Service Bulleten) Check out the forum, it has some good info on problems from fellow G owners

I have been lucky that the two CD players that have been replaced spit out all of my CD's. From what the guys say on the TSB forum is that you need to stay on top of the dealer and they should have your CD's back in about two months.

I was experiencing cracking/sqeeking noises from my sunroof and the dealer lubed it 5 different times, before getting a special lube from the manufactor and it seems to now be fixed.

The grease mark or residue on the window has been addressed in one of the TSB's, bring it back to the dealer.

Old 09-11-2003, 04:48 PM

My car is in the dealer for this problem righ now also. Add to it...my driver side window stopped working, they are fixing the greasy streaks on the windows (also having to retint the windows due to scratches). The sunroof quit working a few months ago and was fixed. This car is making me watch the months tick away on the warranty.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:06 PM

I know what you mean, I thought I had bad luck with my car. You have some real headaches, just makes me glad I got the extended warrenty.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:19 PM

thanks for pointing me to the TSB, I kinda forgot it was there...
so does this mean that at 50,001 miles we should all sell these things to unsuspecting victims?

Old 09-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TSB forum is read-only. If you have some new information that's not already in there, please contact a moderator or admin via private message.

I'm on my 4th CD unit for this problem, always using only "Compact Disc Digital Audio" approved discs in the player.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 09-15-2003, 12:36 PM

the problem with using only "authorized" CD's is that I spent all my money on the car, I cant afford store bought CD's! All my discs are burned. I really think its crappy that every CD player I have ever seen can take any type of CD. Why would a prestegious car company and stereo company (Bose) make a product that isn't compatable. Not to mention, why do they keep replacing ours with new units that have the same problem. Wouldn't they save money by FIXING the problem, and not just sending out defective units that they know will be replaced again in a few months. Talk about bass ackwards.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:38 PM

and furthermore, shouldn't Infiniti insist on Bose fixing the problem so that they can provide their customers with better service? Why p1ss off your owners by replacing their players 5 and 6 times in a year. This doesn't make sense.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:46 PM

Yea when i bought my first G35....the second day i had it...the forkin cd changer jammed...it wouldnt eject..and it pissed me off so bad...i chewed out the dealer, then they gave me a new unit... But i have a question, all that happened in my 03' now that i got a 2004...they made the cd changer faster...but did they make it less faulty??? and can it play burns now?

Old 09-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a Clarion head unit, not a Bose head unit. Clarion made the parts that jam.

And, after having mine replaced 3 times, I've asked those same questions. My service advisor at my dealership has the same questions. His hands are tied. They aren't allowed to stock the units, only order them after a failure has occured. There is no indication that we'll be able to get an '04 radio in an '03 car, even if it does fix the problem. Infiniti/Clarion seems to think that swapping the units is the best solution.

I think it's a design defect, not a manufacturing defect, and if mine jams again they're going to have issues with me.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 09-15-2003, 01:56 PM

Using "Compact Disc" CD's is what the dealer told me and what the manual also says, so I will use only those but if it fails like the others then I guess I'm in the same boat as you, ryoken.

This is the first CD player I have had or even heard of that does not play all CD's. Poor decision on Infiniti's part!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 12:53 PM

from my experiance ""Compact Disc" CD's " that has nothing to do with it causing the error. it has to do with the cd coming off track on the inside and making it jam. i have had burned cd's in my car for 6 months and it worked fine, then i got the error code.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CD Error Problems