Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II Grand-Am Cup, JGTC , Procar SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures

Best Wheel and Tire Combination for Autocross

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eparnell20
Not to hijack the thread but... is there any legal way for us to get some neg camber outside of camber adjusters which are not allowed in FS?
In stock class, you can't add anything that will give you adjustment beyond factory adjustment points. And since our cars are not adjustable from the factory, the answer is no.

However, our cars do have negative camber in stock form, which is why our tires experience feathering. (at least, I believe this to be the case)

Old 08-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Some people say you can loosen the control arm bolts and try to muscle some camber in and then tighten everything up. Not sure if this actually results in any lasting negative camber gain.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something I have tried to find out about are crash bolts. A friend with a Mustang runs in FS and has adjusted his camber by installing crash bolts. His explanation of those are
"Crash" bolts are made by the manufacturers to allow a car that have been in an accident to be returned to factory alignment specs.

In the case of the S197 Mustangs, the factory collision or "crash" parts consist of two bolts with eccentric plates, one for the lower strut mount and the other for the lca bushing cap. The strut has 1/16" larger bolts holes scribed at the two locations where it bolts to the spindle, which give the template for opening up the bolt hole to allow the eccentric bolt to move the lower portion of the strut in the camber plane...voila, instant camber adjustment! The other bolt, on the lca, is for caster. The range of motion is somewhat limited, since any car that can't be brought into factory spec with a degree's range (+/- .5 camber) of adjustment has other problems...
I called my local Inifinti dealer and they had never heard of such a thing. If that is available in the Nissan catalog. I had a hard time explaining it so I can't guarantee my results, but they said no. If only.