Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II Grand-Am Cup, JGTC , Procar SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures

Wanna See How A Stock G Perform In Track??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job!

I run Avon Tech-R slicks on OEM 17's......nobody even looks twice at the sedan until it is passing them !!!

Passing Porsches......priceless!

Old 03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice Smoooth driving!

It looks like someone was paying attention when they discussed the proper line, braking, turn in & apexing........lol

Those stock tires were protesting......

Just curious.....VDC off or on?

Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha..Thanks Guys!

I had my VCD off.. The VCD kicks in a little too easy in track, or i might say its too sensitive when u r pushing ur car's limit.

Haha..yup..passing porsches is definitely a BONUS!

Old 03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

I had a driving instructor tell me that if I had to turn it off....I wasn't driving smooth enough......

Old 03-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Haha..i do hear that comment too.. but only for level one..
After level one my instructor told me to turn it off so that i can learn the true nature of the car..and thats when u learn the most!
U should try turning it off, drive slower at first then gradually increase your speed..give urself CONFIDENCE!! Trust our G! It will impress you by its performance!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:42 PM
i hate the abtrusive ABS! this was especially noticable on turn 9 at NHIS

Old 03-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Then you need better rubber. I stand on the brakes from 125-25 and ABS never engages with R-compound tires.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sillyhenry, where do you go for autox?

Old 03-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Cool video. You were definitely driving the preferred line. I will be out there on April 27th for my second track day. I just upgraded the brakes on my IS and I can't wait to see how they will perform. I will be joining NASA very soon with the goal of running Time Trials by the end of the year. HPDEs are now my new addiction. I think that this will be my last auto-x season. You will probably see me by the end of the year. Keep an eye out for a grey IS300. I will eventually track the G once I have my wifes permission. I should just take it when she is on a business trip!

I noticed that you did not have access to turn 5 in the video. Did that change on later runs? I noticed your brake fade leading into turn 14. I had to brake late after passing a Porsche before going into turn 14 and actually had the rear tires lift enough to skip. That was very exciting. I had to let off the brakes so that the car would settle before I could continue braking. I was able to gracefully miss the apex and gather the car rather quickly. It was a lot of fun. I was the fastest driver in my run group throughout the day. My day looked like your video. I can't wait to go again. You should let me know when you are going to run your next NASA event. I am looking at May or June for my first NASA event. Maybe we can meet up?

Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by ISinCH
Cool video. You were definitely driving the preferred line. I will be out there on April 27th for my second track day. I just upgraded the brakes on my IS and I can't wait to see how they will perform. I will be joining NASA very soon with the goal of running Time Trials by the end of the year. HPDEs are now my new addiction. I think that this will be my last auto-x season. You will probably see me by the end of the year. Keep an eye out for a grey IS300. I will eventually track the G once I have my wifes permission. I should just take it when she is on a business trip!

I noticed that you did not have access to turn 5 in the video. Did that change on later runs? I noticed your brake fade leading into turn 14. I had to brake late after passing a Porsche before going into turn 14 and actually had the rear tires lift enough to skip. That was very exciting. I had to let off the brakes so that the car would settle before I could continue braking. I was able to gracefully miss the apex and gather the car rather quickly. It was a lot of fun. I was the fastest driver in my run group throughout the day. My day looked like your video. I can't wait to go again. You should let me know when you are going to run your next NASA event. I am looking at May or June for my first NASA event. Maybe we can meet up?
That sounds great! U seem like a pretty promising driver! I am gonna go again soon (April 1st and 2nd), so i just cant wait! Try ur best to join NASA asap since i am not goin to be around may and june...Anywaz..lookin foward to see u on track!

Jason

Old 03-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by jaslui119
That sounds great! U seem like a pretty promising driver! I am gonna go again soon (April 1st and 2nd), so i just cant wait! Try ur best to join NASA asap since i am not goin to be around may and june...Anywaz..lookin foward to see u on track!

Jason
I just signed up. I am officially a NASA member. I will not be able to make next weekend's event. I do plan on going in May and/or June. We can try to meet up later this summer since you will be out of town. That will give me a chance to get some more track time. Next month's event will only be my second track day. Make sure to create another thread after your next event.

Jesse

Old 03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
I wish we had track days to go race our G