DIY: Taking out the gauge cluster (56k ha no)

Old 03-18-2018, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice write up! Know of anything similar for a 2008 G35? Trying to pull my gauge cluster out to send to repair the LEDs on it

Old 01-11-2019, 11:34 AM
03 infiniti g35 coupe door chime/buzzer and turn signal sound help

Hey I'm wondering where the noise that makes the noise say if you leave you key in the ignition and open the door or turn your turn signal on any chimes from the car basically wondering where that speakers is located? Is it in the gauge cluster or underneath there and what does it look like? New to the site so if I'm posting this in the wrong area sorry ahead of time. Thanks

Old 01-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Azkid419
Hey I'm wondering where the noise that makes the noise say if you leave you key in the ignition and open the door or turn your turn signal on any chimes from the car basically wondering where that speakers is located? Is it in the gauge cluster or underneath there and what does it look like? New to the site so if I'm posting this in the wrong area sorry ahead of time. Thanks
The warning chime is part of the cluster gauges located on the back

Old 01-21-2019, 01:44 AM
Ok thanks for letting me know that and getting back to me. Do you know if its something that you can take out like a bulb type thing or is it something thats soldered on back there? I actually got mine to work again and what happened was i was looking for it under the steering wheel column and I ended up finding a GPS tracking device that can shut your car off and what not like the used dealers put in the cars. It was a older one but it was a huge mess of duct tape and wires but after 2hours i got it out and luckily i only had to splice once main wire back together and now its all cleaned up down there and my chime works again for some weird reason. But who knows it might go out again and i appreciate you getting back to me. The GPS actually was taking power from my battery except whenever id be driving obviously cuz I don't believe it had a little power source of its own like other newer trackers do so it might of been effecting my chime thing somehow. I do have an entirely new gauge cluster well not new but taken off another car so thats why i was sort of wondering if it's something that i don't need to take off with a soldering gun and put on with one, i wasn't able to find a diagram anywhere of the gauge cluster/instrument cluster.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:06 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Azkid419
Ok thanks for letting me know that and getting back to me. Do you know if its something that you can take out like a bulb type thing or is it something thats soldered on back there?
It is removeable. Check out the fsm section DI(driver's information) and you will find everything you need to know. Start on pg. 38
https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2006_G35_Coupe/

The following users liked this post:
Pashin (09-17-2020)
Old 02-03-2019, 02:33 AM
Ok thanks for getting back to me I just DL the whatever PDF files you call em with all that amazing info on each document so ill check it out! Thanks again

Old 10-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Base model G35
Thanks for the picture guide, followed it and tried to solve the issue of some lights in the gauge won't light up.
for the two connections at the back of the gauge, I tried to wiggle the one of the left (smaller one) and it would turn my left turn signal, break light and SES light on, do you know if it is the wires, or which end of the connection having issue?